Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

3CXPhone for Windows not Registering

Discussion in 'Windows' started by PrintWest, Dec 10, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PrintWest

I'm running V12 and just installed the 3CXPhone client for Windows. I've opened the 3cxconfig file from the 'welcome' email, and it successfully added the account but I always get "Registration Failed, Bad gateway". :cry:

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

Are you using the phone on the local LAN, or remotely?

What does the 3CX (PBX) log show when registration is attempted?

Have you looked over the settings in the phone to see if the server (and other) information appears to be correct?

3. msiam12

I have the older version of 3CX that is registered and works fine. The New download of the Windows 3CX 12 I cant get to register. I have entered the same Credentials as used in the older version. Not connected is showing where the older version shows "On Hook". This is set up on windows 7. I Dont know what other info you would need to diagnose my problem..

LEEJOR, If you will delete your post here, I will delete mine and we can give this thread back to the originater.. I will in the meantime start a new thread on the subject. Sorry, I thought it was on the same subject. I looked all over for the closest subject and here is where I went.. But, I will remove all trace of me from the thread.. You have to remove first so I can see the delete button again..

4. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

You really should have started your own thread as the problem you are having may be completely unrelated to the original poster. You've just sort of "swooped" in to take the "spot light" from their problem.

Are you certain that the issue you are having, is not to do with the Presence Information not being available due to port 5000 not being forwarded on your router?

5. ChrisNuques

Hi, i have done all of those thing, even in the same pc where the 3cx system is installed, but it just says "not registered" the funny thing? a linksys papt device does register without any issue!, it is just this software phone that is making fun of me.

i can not use neither version 6 or version 12

please help!

6. SY

SY Well-Known Member
    3CX Support

It will be interesting to know little bit more about environment where 3CX Phone 6 (let's leave v12 "outside the brackets" for now) cannot communicate with server on local host.
    3CX Phone 6 has "debug" window which can provide some hints. "PBX log" (see management console) can do it as well.

Regards

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.