3CXPhone for Windows reverts to CTI mode

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by darrell-uptime, Sep 3, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. darrell-uptime

With RC2, I am noticing on my 3CX PhoneSystem server running Windows Server 2012 my 3CXPhone for Windows install (whether upgraded directly or reinstalled) reverts to CTI mode after switching once to 3CXPhone (SIP) mode. It doesn't remember the last running state.

That is, I switch once to SIP mode which requires exiting the software and relaunching it, this works once and I can make SIP calls from the softphone. Then if I exit the softphone again (either manually or logging off and back on or restarting the PC), the next time it launches it is back in CTI mode.

Previous reports I received that it was happening on all clients are incorrect, I apologise for any confusion. My personal testing has confirmed it operates normally on Windows 7 and Windows 8 and it only is confirmed with the install on the 3CX PhoneSystem host server.

Is anyone else having this issue?

2. tarmeeb

From the 3CX System page, go to extensions
    go to the required one, then go to the 3cxphone tab , make sure it says (start in softphone mode) , start in presence mode.

Then go to main Extensions windows, choose (send greeting email)

Now at the computer end, download the file which was sent to your email, double click, and you are ready to go

If you are still having issues, in the 3cxphone program, go to settings, and un-check (retrieve phone provision)

3. ian.watts

ian.watts Active Member

Saw that after our production upgrade and boss' softphone. While we grunts like handsets and CTI, he likes softphone.

The provisioning file includes a provisioning URL.. it is indeed fetching new info from that.. which would remain at CTI unless you adjust the extension and thus the instance.

It worked for him when he changed it and restarted the app.. but the "next" time it would revert to CTI.

I said "eff it" and crafted custom .3cxconfig files for our remote/softphone needs.. else is CTI at the office and default on the extensions.. threatening to kill anybody who had their config lost/stolen of course.

4. AndreasP_3CX

AndreasP_3CX New Member
    3CX Support

Hi Ian.

That is the correct behavior if you provisioned the phone. If you open the account details you will see the re provisioning url, every time you start the client it re provisions from that URL and since when you provisioned you specified CTI mode that is why it reverts to it on every restart of the client.
    Provision it like tarmeep says and you will have it in SIP mode (and will revert to sip mode on restart even if you switch to CTI mode during operation). You also have two other options either configure the account manually (like you did) or you can even provision and then remove the provisioning link from the account settings so it will remember the last mode (SIP or CTI) that it was in on a new restart.

Darrel can you please check and see if your issue is solved by the above suggestions?

Please don't hesitate to let us know if you have any further questions or inquiries.

Best Regards

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.