• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

3CXPhone for Windows v15 wont open.

Status
Not open for further replies.

peter_sgc

Customer
Reaction score
Hello,

We've just deployed a new install of 3CX 15 but on two computers the 3CXPhone for Windows will not open.

As soon as you double click it you can see it in task manager and it just dies.

Interestingly if we install V14 of 3CXPhone for Windows the program will open and will even register, but then says "there is an update" once the update is applied the program refuses to run.

We have so far;

Reinstalled all C++ Run-Times
Reinstalled all Dot.Net Run-Times
Uninstall / Reinstall of the 3CXPhone for Windows

Has anyone seen this before?

In Task Manager.. does it list as an App or as a Background process?

I had a case back in 12.5 where more than a few app installs would not finish loading for some reason.. only viable workaround was to set compatibility to Run as Administrator and reconfigure.

The tell as to the problem would be if it was running a process but not listed as an App. If it was, typically it was just "off screen" and the typical keyboard shortcuts et al could bring it back.

Also make sure that microsoft visual C++ Redistributables 2015 (x64) and (x86) are installed

Hey Guys,

Thanks for the help.

It was on Windows 7P X64.

Turns out I had to remove all C++ Redists (2005 - 2015) and then reinstall 2015 C++.

I am now in the process of putting back all the other C++ Redists for the other software on the workstation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ilyass.b
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.