• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

3CXPhone for Windows v6.0.18815.0 - Cannot list Address Book

Status
Not open for further replies.

jr3151006

Reaction score
I´m using 3CX for Windows on my laptop and I cannot found the 'company address book' from our 3CX server.

Is that right???? I was expecting read all extensions (name and numbers) from 3CX server (v10)

tks,

Renato P

Re: 3CXPhone for Windows v6.0.18815.0 - Cannot list Address

Hi
How you configured the 3CXPhone - and the PBX - to get the phonebook?

Take a look at the configuration shown in the attachment regarding config on my laptop.

** Must I set anything else at server side???

tks,

Renato P

Attachments

• 3cxPhoneWindows.gif
    3cxPhoneWindows.gif
    139 KB · Views: 1,079

Hi Renato

No, it's not good. I will explain in detail.

Why is not good:
all kind of provisionings - account data, phonebook and BLFs - are performed by HTTP through the "Provisioning Link" - option which, in your configuration, is deactivated (unchecked). Then, even enabled, the link you specified is incorrect - OK, 99.99% incorrect - because, as specified, it would mean 3CX PBX would provide all credentials, phonebook and BLFs to any "anonymous" HTTP connection request, which is not true. That link is unique and specific for extension assigned to you. I will explain later.

Now, there are two ways to provision your 3CXPhone, one simple and another a little complicated.

The simple one - autoprovisioning:
3CXPhone performs an autoprovisioning broadcast request when it has no accounts defined or all accounts are inactive (unchecked). So, you have to choose either to delete your accounts, either to uncheck them all. Once you close the Accounts dialog with OK, you will be prompted to choose Auto provisioning or manual configuration. Choose Auto Provisioning. Now you will be notified that 3CXPhone is waiting for an answer from any 3CX PBX listening on intranet on port 5060. Now, go to your PBX, open management console, then go to Phones sections. You should see a new, bold one, 3CXPhone for Windows... Right click and assign your phone to an extension - an existing or create a new one. Once you finish this operation, on your 3CXPhone the waiting provisioning dialog will automatically close, receiving all provisionings, and it will try to register - and should do.

The complicated one - welcome eMail
You have to go to the PBX management console, to the configuration page of the extension you want to assign to your 3CXPhone. There you have to specify a valid eMail address. Press Apply, OK. Then, go to the Extensions page, select your extension and, from the top bar, click Send welcome eMail. Check your mailbox for this eMail - be careful, due to its "no-reply" in sender, it might go to the Spam. Open the eMail and there you will find the correct provisioning link. Select and copy it, then paste it into 3CXPhone's account' Provisioning link field and enable (check) this option. Press OK. Now 3CXPhone will attempt to get all provisioning data from that link and then it should register.

Now, as notes:
- 3CXPhone will try to keep your account up-to-date, by provisioning, everytime you register it. Therefore, if you don't want this, after first successful provisioning, you may uncheck the Provisioning link option in your acccount.
- 3CXPhone will be provisioned with company phonebook - so, you should generate one from the PBX management console. This phonebook will be used by any provisionable phones, not only by 3CXPhone. Provisioned phonebook will not overwrite your 3CXPhone-private phonebook, they will be merged.
- 3CXPhone will be provisioned with BLFs. They will not overwrite your 3CXPhone-private BLFs, they will be merged. Visually, merging rule is by filling "gaps".

Hope this long story clarified most aspects of 3CXPhone provisioning.

Regards
vali

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NGPMH
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.