Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

3CXPhone for Windows VoiceMail Extension

Discussion in 'Windows' started by montanaja05, Mar 11, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. montanaja05

Is there a way to change what extension 3CXPhone for Windows dials for voicemail? I've changed the default voicemail extension to 2500 but 3CXPhone still dials 999.

2. ian.watts

ian.watts Active Member

It is in Accounts.. Advanced.

PBX Voicemail:

3. montanaja05

Thank you! Do you know if there is a way to change this setting centrally? Perhaps a GPO or XML file?

4. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

I'm not certain that you can change it to a four digit number when the PBX was set to use three digit extension numbering.

If it''s just the 3CX phone with the issue, then there should be an option to change it. I just put a "non standard" VM number into the version 11 Android App.

5. craigreilly

craigreilly Well-Known Member

How did you provision? With the file? Or manually?

The provision file has the info:

Code:
     <Voicemail>9999</Voicemail>
    Also, when setting up a 3cx phone for windows manually, the accounts->advanced has a PBX Voicemail line.
    By default this is set to 999. The only think you can probably do it have the user change it manually.

You cant do a global setting because it is stored on the users machine.

(BTW: Trying to change the voicemail number to a length not compatible with your system is denied.)

One workaround could be a Loopback Provider. Create Generic VOIP Provider to IP 127.0.0.1. use VM for username and no password. Also set NO AUTHENTICATION. Set the inbound calls to VM Extension. Create outbound rule to use the Loopback. Use Calls with number prefix 999 and length 3 - strip 3 - and sent to the Loopback. However, the Voicemail system will then not know the users extension number and prompt for it.

Sorry there is no easy fix. The only thing I can say is ensure you are using Config Files or the Phone screen to add the Softphone to the system.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.