• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

3CXPhone for Windows VoiceMail Extension

Status
Not open for further replies.

montanaja05

Reaction score
Is there a way to change what extension 3CXPhone for Windows dials for voicemail? I've changed the default voicemail extension to 2500 but 3CXPhone still dials 999.

It is in Accounts.. Advanced.

PBX Voicemail:

Thank you! Do you know if there is a way to change this setting centrally? Perhaps a GPO or XML file?

I'm not certain that you can change it to a four digit number when the PBX was set to use three digit extension numbering.

If it''s just the 3CX phone with the issue, then there should be an option to change it. I just put a "non standard" VM number into the version 11 Android App.

How did you provision? With the file? Or manually?

The provision file has the info:

Code:
 <Voicemail>9999</Voicemail>

Also, when setting up a 3cx phone for windows manually, the accounts->advanced has a PBX Voicemail line.
By default this is set to 999. The only think you can probably do it have the user change it manually.

You cant do a global setting because it is stored on the users machine.

(BTW: Trying to change the voicemail number to a length not compatible with your system is denied.)

One workaround could be a Loopback Provider. Create Generic VOIP Provider to IP 127.0.0.1. use VM for username and no password. Also set NO AUTHENTICATION. Set the inbound calls to VM Extension. Create outbound rule to use the Loopback. Use Calls with number prefix 999 and length 3 - strip 3 - and sent to the Loopback. However, the Voicemail system will then not know the users extension number and prompt for it.

Sorry there is no easy fix. The only thing I can say is ensure you are using Config Files or the Phone screen to add the Softphone to the system.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ICT BE Peleman
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.