Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

3CXPhone for Windows - Won't install on XP

Discussion in 'Windows' started by PrintWest, Jan 2, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PrintWest

There doesn't seem to be any published requirements to install 3CXPhone for Windows (v12), so I'm hoping XP can meet the requirements.

Any time I try to install on an XP computer I get "cannont be installed on systems with .NET Framework version lower than 4.0". So I think no problem I'll get on our WSUS server and push .NET Framework 4.0 to all of our XP clients. Unfortunately after .Net 4.0 is installed I'm still getting the same error. :x

What is the problem? Is there some other requirement that we aren't meeting?!?

2. ian.watts

ian.watts Active Member

XP doesn't meet the requirements.
    Use 3CXPhone for Windows v6. You won't get presence, but the "voice" features will work fine.

http://www.3cx.com/downloads/3CXPhone6.msi

3. AndreasP_3CX

AndreasP_3CX New Member
    3CX Support

Hi PrintWest,
    If you are going to use XP please use 3CXPhone for Windows v6. If you have any further inquiries please let us know.

Best Regards

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. Tadeusz Browarek

Hi guys,

I use 3CXPhone v6 for Windows XP SP3. Incidentally (more frequently than not) I am prevented to answer the incoming call. I see and hear it coming, but it does not happen anything when I click a green answering icon. No missed call is registered either.
    Do you have any idae how to change the settings?

Thank you.
    Tadeusz Browarek, Warsaw, Poland

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.