• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

[3CXPhone - FritzBox 7270] Transfer calls

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigBoy

Reaction score
Hello,

this is my first post and I am new to this forum and the software.
My problem is that I am not able to transfer calls (incoming extern or intern) to any other number (intern or extern).

Here is my setup:

Router and VOIP registration: Fritzbox 7270
I got the following phones attached:

**1 : analog telephone in living room
**2 : analog telephone in the office
**620 : computer running 3CX Phone in my room
**621 : Iphone running 3CX

Now my issue is that I am used to just get to the phone when it rings and transfer the caller to another phone if necessary. This works well with my analog phones. Here is the scenario:

Call comes in, I answer the phone (2). Caller needs to be transferred to phone 1
I hit R**1
The phone rings
I could talk to phone 1, as soon as I end the call the caller is transferred to it.

Now here is the problem. I answer the call in 3CX Phone on the computer.
I hit transfer, I hit **1 and nothing happens. When I click on the green phone button "Server failure" is displayed and I am back to the caller. When I open up line 2 and type in **1 the phone rings, I could talk to phone 1. In the meantime the caller hears a message telling him the connection is halted. When I now click on transfer and on the line 1 I will again see the message "Server failure"

I answer the call on my analogue phone and want to transfer to my computer.
I hit R**620, the 3XCPhone on the computer rings.
I answer the call and can talk to my analog phone. I end the call on my analog phone and I can now talk to the caller.
But I can not hear him. He can however hear me.

It doesn't matter if I am using the iphone app or the computer 3CXPhone. Both got the same error.

Any help here on this issue would much be appreciated.
Thanks in advance

Not having used a Fritzbox, I'm making some guesses here.

It sounds like you are trying to use a transfer method that the Fritzbox uses, with the 3CX extension. I'm assuming that the fritzbox is a sort of mini-PBX in it's own right. that being the case, they are probably not set up to "talk" properly with ach other. You are probably attempting to "mix" two PBX's, and that may not work.

In general, any device connected to PSTN lines, or ISDN (not sure what you are using), will be presented (set-up) as a trunk in 3CX. Once "inside" 3CX (answered by an extension), I don't think you will be able to transfer that call back out again to a Fritzbox extension, especially using the ** method.

Keep in mind this is coming from someone, not having used that device, and a definitive answer will have to await someone that has used a Fritzbox in conjunction with 3CX (I'm assuming, as a gateway).

Ok I totally understand that point. Let me explain further.
I am using the implemented SIP Server from the fritzbox.

However shouldn't the "Transfer" button have the same functionality as the "R" button from an analoge phone?
Calling another phone - dialing **1 for example from within 3CXPhone works without any issues.
Just the forwarding won't do.

BigBoy said:
However shouldn't the "Transfer" button have the same functionality as the "R" button from an analoge phone?
Short answer is NO. SIP device does not need to support "R" as well as analogue phone does not need to support "REFER" :)
The device which pretends be the gateway between "analogue" and "SIP" must support both sides.

Any suggestion on how to get it done? I would love to transfer calls. But even transfering them to a telephone number does not work.

What you'd like to do might not be possible. You may want to investigate using just 3CX as the connection to all of your extensions, and the Fritzxox as simply the gateway.

To transfer a call to an outside number requires a second phone line, for starters. Even then, you may run into some issues.

3CX Phone can work only with equipment which support procedures described in RFC 5589.(http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc5589).
Otherwise - call transfer is not possible. Sorry :(

Hello SY,

thanks for this information. I emailed AVM (manufacturer of the fritzbox) and hope for a positive answer that they will support this procedure in the future (or maybe they already do).

I love the software by the way. Easy to get used to it as it just looks like a standard Smartphone and the only app so far on my IPhone that does not loose connection (stays registered) and also works over VPN!

What you'd like to do might not be possible. You may want to investigate using just 3CX as the connection to all of your extensions, and the Fritzxox as simply the gateway.
I still need my analoge phones so I don't think this will be possible or is it?

Kind Regards

If the Fritzbox can act as a gateway (PSTN line(s) to SIP trunk, into 3CX), then you could still use analogue sets with an ATA connected to 3CX. This would, of course, involve the purchase of ATA's.

If the Fritzbox acts as a mini PBX and allows you to connect your current phones, I'm not sure what the benefit is going to be in attempting to add on 3CX? Is it just for additional extensions?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
matchofficees
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.