• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

3cxphone in v12 missing drag and drop

Status
Not open for further replies.

parkerbyron

Reaction score
I have upgraded our server from v11 to v12 and updated to the new 3cxphone on the desktops and we no longer have the ability to drag and drop calls (transfer, etc.). This was a great feature that will be sorely missed... will this be implemented at some point?

3cx is making some HUGE mistakes by removing the V11 MyPhone features. I cannot even begin to tell you how pissed I am. I hope you tell them as I have. My clients would shoot me if I upgraded them.

I can't believe you upgraded a live client to a release candidate... It's possible your features are still being finalized.

Announcing the release of 12 pre-release.. isn't that the cart before the horse?

Boss made me to our production system earlier today.. after I tried putting it off.. only to see that it's still the RC2 build from the 2nd.

So.. why was the cart before the horse? It's not released.. or it is.. which?

@craig - This isn't a production system (I don't think I said it was), we are running this in parallel to our existing phone system which is an old school PBX. Every user has 2 phones for now. This is a test v11 box that I decided to upgrade to v12 based on a number of feature improvements that we will find very helpful - one of the most important being the ability to have extensions be a part of more than one group. We run the call center edition and our customer care department would sorely miss those views. In regards to missing the drag and drop it's just an annoyance since the right-click method works fine. I'm just hoping they bring that back.

If you poke around in some of the newest posts one of the 3CX developers is recommending new installations to go ahead with v12 as the core system is "very stable" and they are working on tweaking the other aspects like the app functionality, etc. which to us isn't very important. You'll even notice that they changed the front page of the 3CX website to show v12 as the current system and it's now the default download

@ian - I'll say they are pushing v12 now

Hi,

The final release of 3CX Phone System v12 was wednesday Sep 04, 2013. :)

complex1 Can you post the version and complete build number of the final release. It would really help if 3CX displayed the most current release version and build number on the default support page of their website.

Just a Suggestion.
Thanks

3CX Support confirmed release when I called them this morning.. should have asked. Note that it's 21:16 local here now.. so that was 14 hours ago.. so.

Until we hear, I'm assuming RC2 = "RTM".

So Sorry parkerbyron, when I don't see TEST SERVER, I assume live. Bad habit. I know... Just so frustrated with v12 right now - no Mac tools... So, we can not upgrade... I showed the new client to a select group of power users, they about hung me.
But there are plenty of features I can take advantage of if I did...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ghisl1
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.