3cxPhone just doesn't want to connect

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by carolinainnovative, Aug 6, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. carolinainnovative

Hello folks,

I'm having trouble getting 3cx Phone to connect to v12...

It connects - sporadically - and once it decides it isn't going to work, it stops working until I delete the config, uninstall the app, and start over.

Running version 12.0.31776.0, which I think is the most recent version.

The log doesn't appear to have anything interesting - it just never connects to 3cx.

It worked fine for a day. This is about the third or fourth time it has worked for a short period then died. Any ideas? anything I can do to get better debugging output from 3cxPhone?

Attached Files:

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

Being an intermittent problem really makes it harder to pin down the cause, best to go for process of elimination.

Personally I would load the phone onto another PC altogether, to see which end is really having the issue. If it works, and stays up, then you'll know that the original PC was causing trouble.

it could be another APP running, a Patch (applied or missing), or perhaps a firewall/anti-virus programme.

3. carolinainnovative

Originally did appear to be an AV program - namely bitdefender... but I uninstalled the thing and was at least able to get it to connect intermittently. I'll try another PC, but seriously, I miss the silverlight version. It worked without issue for me.

Is there really no debug logging in 3cxphone that would be interesting?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.