• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

3CXPhone Launch Application - programs launch twice

Status
Not open for further replies.

brianlgrimm

Customer
Reaction score
I have 3CXPhone configured to launch a program on incoming calls. When a call is directly to me, it works normally. When the incoming call is a queue call, it launches the program twice. I've tried different programs, and it always does it. I tried both on ringing and on answer, same behavior. 3CXPhone version 12.0.36097.0

Hi Brian,

Here I tried on windows 8.1 with 3CXPhone SP6 and I could not reproduce your issue, I've just tried it as following :
incoming call runs c:\TEMP\calls.bat
calls.bat has only one command :
echo "CALL %1 %2" >> c:\TEMP\calls.txt

So it traces calls in calls.txt file.

I get only one call trace per user call or per queue call. But please note that when queue cycle expires (Ring timeout), then if I'm ringued on a next cycle it's considered a new call to agent, so it reruns the batch. If this is what you experienced then this is to be expected, not an issue because depending of the polling strategy you could be called straight after in Ring all mode or after 10 others agents...

I tried the same batch file setup, and the batch file runs twice when I answer a queue call. I get two separate command line windows.

What windows OS are you running ?
Are all your windows updates and .NET updates cleared ?

I see exactly the same problem here:
3CX 12 SP4
3CXPhone 12.0.34902.0 (edit: used in CTI mode)
Windows 7 SP1 German (patch level up to date)

Some more details:
The external app (to be run only after accepting a call, not during signaling) is being run twice when a queue call is accepted, but when accepting direct calls it is run only once. The contents of the command line parameters are slighty different between the two app launches:
%CallerNumber% has the same content in both external app instances (e.g.: "0123456789"), but %CallerDisplayName% in the first instance contains the queue name in front of the caller's "name" (e.g.: "Queue1:John Doe" if name can be resolved or "Queue1:0123456789" if no name can be found), while in the second instance (which is run 1 second or less later) this parameter contains only the caller's "name" (nothing in front of it, e.g. "John Doe" or "0123456789").

@brianlgrimm: Did you find a workaround? Maybe a newer 3CXPhone has helped?

Heiko

I did not find a workaround. Still have the issue.

I can reproduce this behaviour (2 instance of app opening) by putting more than one parameter (%CallerNumber% and %CallerDisplayName%) in the launch application settings.
When only one parameter is used only one instance of the app (a browser in our case) is started.
Hope this helps.

Hi there,
It is the browser who handles the "space" symbol like a second page, can you test the batch file described on top of this topic and see how many lines are created in the text file on your machine ? also please specify your OS.

Furthermore I did not get multiple calls records with windows 7 sp1 ultimate nor windows 8.1, running 3cxphone v12 sp6.1

I have the same problem as well.

3CX phone and PBX fully up to date. Windows 7 X64 fully up to date. .Net Frameworks 4.5.2

Call comes in straight to extension, batch file only executes once.

Call comes in to extension via queue, batch file executes twice. The only parameter passed to the launching application is CallerNumber

The behavior is predictable and repeatable with all of our queued agents.

Hi,
I will try to replicate this on same OS, can you describe how is configured your queue please?

I have the same issue when the call is coming to a queue fires twice was this ever resolved?

Hi cabc,
In order for me to investigate this further, can you detail what version of the phone system you are running, what version of 3cxphone, what OS, and what queue hunting strategy please ?

The problem still exist in version 14. App opens twice in Windows. It is in both situations, notify when connected and when ringing. Phone is in a ring group (ring all).

On Mac the client opens (as example) the browser only when we set the option notify when the phone is ringing.

3CX version 14.0.47020.408

Attachments

• 3cx_win_bat.png
    3cx_win_bat.png
    57.9 KB · Views: 1,525
  • 3cx_macos_safari.png
    3cx_macos_safari.png
    57.6 KB · Views: 1,520
This thread caught my attention and after inquiring about it, the R&D Department is aware of it and it is on the to-do list.

* Update *

I just got word that this will most likely be fixed in V14 Service Pack 3.

NickD - Appreciate the heads up.

What is the ETA on sp3? I am planning an upgrade from v12.

Still in the works I'm afraid so I haven't got an ETA yet...

NickD_3CX said:
* Update *

I just got word that this will most likely be fixed in V14 Service Pack 3.
Thats good to hear. Thanks ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ghisl1
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.