3CXPhone loses configuration after every closing

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by parkerbyron, Sep 26, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. parkerbyron

I have 2 users that each time they close 3CXPhone their account settings are lost. When I reopen the application and double click the registration attachment it won't reload their account - it only works when the application is completely closed. Once I do get their account back up it will be lost the next time the close down 3CXPhone. They are local administrators on the machines and so far they are the only 2 out of the 50 or so I've deployed with this problem. Please advise, thanks.

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

Since you have the majority of machines working, we know that it is not a 3CXPhone software problem. Which points to something different on the machines with the issue. Could it be trying to save the configuration (and failing) to a location that is inaccessible by that user?

3. parkerbyron

@leejor - I believe presuming that it must not be a 3CXPhone software issue is a bit of a stretch. It could certainly have something to do with the software and it might also have to do with some specific setting as you suggested but I'm not ruling out either just yet. Where does 3CXPhone try and save its configuration files? As I had mentioned both users are local administrators so they shouldn't be restricted to where they can save files on the local machine (assuming it isn't a system reserved location).

4. lneblett

lneblett Well-Known Member

stored in app data, local. see if netframework is up to date, especially 4.0

5. StefanW

StefanW Head of Customer Support and Training
    Staff Member 3CX Support

when the phone looses its config delete once the config file it self (may from a beta or rc state)
    to find the config go to %appdata%\Roaming\3CXPhone for Windows and delete the 3CXPhone.xml

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. parkerbyron

@StefanW - that fixed it... after I deleted the XML file then recreated it from clicking the attachment in the 3CX welcome email it saved properly. Thanks!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.