Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

3CXPhone losing config constantly

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by tsukraw, Oct 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tsukraw

tsukraw New Member

I have a few customers using 3CXPhone for windows and they are constantly having the application lose the config. What we see happening is that a user can open the attachment from their email and it loads it up just fine but as soon as the user logs off the computer and back in the 3CX application no longer has there config and is requiring them to re-open the attachment again. We are seeing this at more then one location all running the current V12 SP1.

One location is using it on a 2008R2 Terminal server with a number of users all having the same thing happen when they logoff and back on the config is reset.

In another location it is just a windows 7 computer and every time the user logs off and back on it is gone....

Has anyone else saw this behavior? Any ideas on the cause?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. parkerbyron

Yes, we have exactly the same problem. We have to delete the XML file from the 3CX Phone directory under appdata to allow the attachment to work again and then it breaks again after the next log off as you described. This is happens to about 20 of my 50 users - extremely annoying!!!

3. zorgned

We have the same issue, only on Windows 8.
    On Windows 7 clients it works just fine.

4. zorgned

Update 10-10-2013: We had the same problem, only on windows 8.
    Yesterday we did a clean install of windows 8 on one of the PC's having this problem and now its working fine.

May it has something to do with the fact that we used to have Phone System 11 and 3cxMyphone & 3cx desktop components (v11) and upgraded to V12.

5. justin-mag

Have the same problem with 3cxphone losing the config at restarting the app. windows 7 32bit and windows 7 64bit

The Temporary solution was remove 3cxphone.exe from the Startup then to put the XML config file into the user's Startup Folder.

Its a crude fix/workaround but it works

Also have a problem with 3cxphone disconnecting every few hours, closing the presence & open chat windows. This is dam annoying.

6. AndreasP_3CX

AndreasP_3CX New Member
    3CX Support

Hi,

if this happens then when the phone looses its config delete the config once since it may be from a beta or rc release
    (go to %appdata%\Roaming\3CXPhone for Windows and delete the 3CXPhone.xml) and send a welcome email and config file.

This should solve your issue with losing the configuration after closing. Please let me know if this has solved your problems and if you have any further inquiries please let us know

Best Regards

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  7. lneblett

lneblett Well-Known Member

Andreas -

This is what Parker Byron is complaining about in prior post. He has deleted the XML file in appdata/roaming and while it seemed to work at first, it has subsequently ceased to be a cure.

8. ian.watts

ian.watts Active Member

@justin-mag - We've been seeing the same since I last worked up a different IP.. not related but I have noticed this Win7 host is crappy.. a platform problem.

Anyway, I have noticed that Abyss is taking up all available CPU much of the time.. and since it is serving the web platform and thus presence, I think the two are related.

I have chosen to let it ride until 2012 R2 goes RTM on Friday.. as an MS Partner, I have much work to do there.. and at that time plan to migrate our PBX to an existing VM.. likely our file/print/AD VM..

Check your processes, on ours, Abyss is cacking the otherwise crap system.

9. justin-mag

@ ian-watts: thanks for confirming you are seeing the same issue.

3cxPhone is disconnecting itself from the server every few hours and I can not figure out why. It states lost connection. But the server shows no reset. This does not affect all users at the same time, these leads me to believe its client issue. The disconnect appears to occur at a random period of time as far as I can detect. I am not spending hours debugging software I did not write, I do that enough for other purchased software these days.

Honestly 3cx needs to fix issues with 3cxPhone asap. There are lots of people complaining about the same issues

Generally its has to deal with the Interface being just horrible and features that disappeared. Add on the same technical problems everyone seems to be experiencing makes this a horrible roll out. If 3CXPhone worked the missing features and horrible interface could be overlooked for a time being. But given that it does not work and requires changes and updates that are not documented is approaching unforgivable.

3CX needs to fix 3CXPhone and the Presence interface.

10. tsukraw

tsukraw New Member

I see a fair number of people have been seeing this issue like i was. Is anyone still seeing it since SP2 update?
    Two of the locations i was seeing it at SP2 resolve the problem.

11. Deepest

Hi There

I did a full upgrade from V11 to version 12 SP2 today for a customer today all went well till he called this afternoon to complain that the presence would keep disconnecting and reconnecting every now and then. He reported that he could still
    make a call from the windows client when the presence was not working. I was holding off the upgrade as long as possible
    but unfortunately his upgrade insurance expires tomorrow so i had to go to version 12 as he insisted.

Another thing i noticed is that i have a bunch of new devices showing under phones all 3cx for windows clients even after configuring them via the email attachment can i just remove these ? Or am i missing something ?

Cheers

12. justin-mag

Hi Everyone

SP2 for V12 seems to fix several issues but a few still remain.

1: The client losing the config seems to be fixed
    2: Presence screen resetting size fixed.
    3:Disconnecting from the server is still an issue, if 3CXPhone disconnects all active windows close. When it reconnects the Presence screen does not always reopen. Windows 7 32 bit
    4: Can not transfer a call to voice mail directly have to remember the complicated *4extension bit.
    5: Managing voice mails needs work, the right click helps, but the screen is so small its only list 7 vmails and really hard to read. Takes 3 or 5 mouse clicks to open a voice mail. This was only 2 or 3 mouse clicks before. Can only select one vmail at a time.
    6: Changing the color scheme and resizing and docking the 3CXPhone and Presence together would be a big help.

13. wdtlhelpdesk

We have updated to SP2 but the problems remain. It doesn't matter if its Windows 7 or 8 or XP. Happens on all of them. Seriously, when is this going to be fixed?

14. parkerbyron

I upgraded our system to SP2 over a week ago and some users are still losing the config file. I've tried everything mentioned above except resending a new configuration file then going through the process of deleting the XML files and allowing them to be recreated. I will try that next but it would seem to me this should be resolved without all of this workaround nonsense.

15. AndreasP_3CX

AndreasP_3CX New Member
    3CX Support

Hi,

This issue has been identified and will be absolutely fixed in the next 3CX Phone System update so please bear with us. If you have any further inquiries dont hesitate to let us know.

Best Regards

16. dsiph

Hi Andreas / 3CX team,

Our client reported that they experienced this same problem today, it happened twice this week to different ext/s numbers.

Is there already a fix to this issue?

3CX phone system for window v12.0.33517.0 (client for PC)
    3CX phone system v12 (console management)

Regards,
    Jun
    DSIPH

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.