• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

3CXPhone MAC stuck on Registering...

Status
Not open for further replies.

birdiet1me

Reaction score
I recently tried to use my 3CXPhone application on my Mac outside of the office network and it wouldn't complete the Registration process. I have been able to use the 3CXPhone application outside of the office with 3CXTunnel in the past.

I am running OS X Yosemite and 3CXPhone Ver 1.0.116(alpha). Seems that all of the configuration is accurate, since I used the same configuration on my office computer (also MAC running Yosemite) with no problems. Now when I open the application it tries to connect outside of the office via 3CXTunnel, but after reading configuration, it gets stuck while registering and stops there. It does not freeze, just does not register.

I have tried the following:
Uninstalling and reinstalling (several times, deleting all related files and folders)
Reboot after uninstalling
Tried installing new and older versions and get the same result.

I really need to have access to 3CXPhone outside of office, any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Attachments

• Screenshot 2015-06-08 21.14.25.png
    Screenshot 2015-06-08 21.14.25.png
    44.5 KB · Views: 2,935
Can anyone help me please.

Anyone out there experience the same?

Please help!

Hi, Can you please open a support ticket for us to have a look please.

any ability to test this with a Windows machine to ensure it works - or do you have known working Windows users?

Hi there,

Since this is a remote extension is the firewall checker passing ? What is the status of 5090 if you run the firewall checker. Furthermore how are you provisioning the phone via the welcome email, or manually ?

Regards

Charles_3CX said:
Hi, Can you please open a support ticket for us to have a look please.

How do I open a support ticket?

Thanks

craigreilly said:
any ability to test this with a Windows machine to ensure it works - or do you have known working Windows users?

I am not able to test on a Windows machine at this time. I will attempt to borrow a laptop to test.

IliasL_3CX said:
Hi there,

Since this is a remote extension is the firewall checker passing ? What is the status of 5090 if you run the firewall checker. Furthermore how are you provisioning the phone via the welcome email, or manually ?

Regards

http://downloads.3cx.com/downloads/3CXFirewallCheckerClientApplication.zip - this firewall checker available via 3CX is only available for Windows. I have checked ports via web based port check tools and all my ports seem to be closed. Even basic ones like HTTP, POP3 and FTP. I have port forwarded ports 5000-5100 and the ports are still closed on this device and all others in my network.

I am provisioning via welcome email.

Lastly, the strangest thing in my opinion is that I have tried testing my Mac at the office by taking it offline and connecting via my mobile hotspot. When on my mobile hotspot at the office I am able to connect without a hangup. While at home (I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling many many times) connected to my mobile hotspot, I get the same result... stuck on Registering.

Thank you very much, everyone's diligence is much appreciated.

Hi there,

Confirm that form the Management console that the extension you are using have rights to work outside of the Network .
Go to The Management Console > Edit your Extension > Tab Options > and uncheck Disallow use of extension outside the LAN

Let us know if that was the issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gamingpro2131
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.