• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

3CXPhone not store audio settings on Windows XP

Status
Not open for further replies.

igor.snezhko

Reaction score
Hi!

Our customer complains that several of it's Windows XP machines are not save Audio Settings it 3CXPhone v.12, but other Windows XP machines save these settings successfully.

What is a problem it can be?

XP isn't a supported OS for 3CX 12.

Which service pack are you on with V12?
We ran into this in the earlier service packs but the issue went away i think it was around SP4

v12 Sp6. The problem is a USB Audio Headset. When it connected, I switch a 3CXPhone on it. And it works fine until next log off or reboot.

Hi there,

Has anyone found a workaround for this issue?

We are running 3CX V12 with SP5.
Our client computers are running Windows 7 and are fitted with Jabra Pro 930 USB headsets.

They use roaming profiles stored on a server. The problem is whenever a user logs off and moves to another machine the 'Audio Options' are reset back to Primary Sound capture device, this then means we have to go round to each individual and change them to 'Jabra Device'.

Any suggestions? Would making the Jabra the primary device work?...

Any comments would be appreciated.

Hi there,

Did anyone find a solution for this?

We are now using Windows 8.1 with Roaming user profiles, whenever a user changes to a different machine the audio options are set back to 'Primary audio device' which means the phone doesn't function.

We move desk every 6 weeks so you can imagine my pain :)

Any help would be greatly appreciated, maybe something in a log-off script to copy over some files?...

I'm going to assume the software is choosing/identifying the device by some device id/guid.. which will not be the same as you move between machines.. even with the same hardware. I'm doubtful that will work well for what you want it to do. RDS instead?

Hello,

Please check supported headsets under http://www.3cx.com/support/. In addition please find supported Jabra models under http://www.3cx.com/support/jabra-configuration/.

Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NGPMH
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.