• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

3CXPhone on T-Mobile US / 3G Slide

Status
Not open for further replies.

KerryG

Reaction score
On the internal LAN, things work perfectly. Once I am outside on 3G the phone will connect and I can place calls but I get no audio on either side, and I cannot get incoming calls. I have played around with numerous settings with no luck so far.

KerryG said:
On the internal LAN, things work perfectly. Once I am outside on 3G the phone will connect and I can place calls but I get no audio on either side, and I cannot get incoming calls. I have played around with numerous settings with no luck so far.

I don't think that the 3G network is designed for "servers"
Registration on the PBX makes your phone a server (receiver) of the requests.

Well...thats a major problem for me....have to go back to wanting a good Follow-Me system. If calls could come in, even at a reduced quality, over 3G then I wouldn't need Follow-Me.

I am having the same issue with the T-Mobile G1. Registration is OK. Did notice in the server logs that the extension IP address and Ports are all over the place. Calls connect from the G1 to any number or extension but no audio either direction. Cannot connect from any extension to the G1.

JSy

I decided to try this out some more and see what I could find. Several different SIP clients, all the same result, no surprise there. Next I used PDANet and tethered my laptop to the Android. I tested the 3CX Phone for Windows and everything was working perfectly. I checked the settings and tunnel was enabled. I disabled the tunnel and I was back to not being able to call properly. This certainly points to an issue with t-Mobile and 3G connectivity. The "simple" answer seems to be to wait for a version of the 3CX Phone for Android that has the tunnel built in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Samuel_1997
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.