Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

3CXPhone on T-Mobile US / 3G Slide

Discussion in 'Android' started by KerryG, Jul 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KerryG

KerryG Active Member

On the internal LAN, things work perfectly. Once I am outside on 3G the phone will connect and I can place calls but I get no audio on either side, and I cannot get incoming calls. I have played around with numerous settings with no luck so far.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. SY

SY Well-Known Member
    3CX Support

I don't think that the 3G network is designed for "servers"
    Registration on the PBX makes your phone a server (receiver) of the requests.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. KerryG

KerryG Active Member

Well...thats a major problem for me....have to go back to wanting a good Follow-Me system. If calls could come in, even at a reduced quality, over 3G then I wouldn't need Follow-Me.

4. balmking

I am having the same issue with the T-Mobile G1. Registration is OK. Did notice in the server logs that the extension IP address and Ports are all over the place. Calls connect from the G1 to any number or extension but no audio either direction. Cannot connect from any extension to the G1.

JSy

5. KerryG

KerryG Active Member

I decided to try this out some more and see what I could find. Several different SIP clients, all the same result, no surprise there. Next I used PDANet and tethered my laptop to the Android. I tested the 3CX Phone for Windows and everything was working perfectly. I checked the settings and tunnel was enabled. I disabled the tunnel and I was back to not being able to call properly. This certainly points to an issue with t-Mobile and 3G connectivity. The "simple" answer seems to be to wait for a version of the 3CX Phone for Android that has the tunnel built in.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.