3CXPhone - Opening

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by telis, Dec 10, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. telis

telis New Member

Our users are irritated by how difficult it is to open the 3CXPhone and also the new switchboard feature.

If you double click the icon that the 3CXPhone installer put on the desktop (or type the name into the start menu etc.) the software will not appear if it's already running in the Notification Area. This confuses the hell out of the users - they can't see the software running on the taskbar so they double click the desktop icon and it still doesn't appear.

Also the need to open the 3CXPhone to get the excellent new Switch Board feature is also confusing. They should have separate icons in the taskbar or something, they are completed separate creatures as far as a user is concerned, and the sort of hack of pressing the operator icon in the 3CX Phone once you have opened it (remember - it's that little near the clock right) is more than the users can manage.

2. craigreilly

craigreilly Well-Known Member

3cx Phone has worked like this since it came out... and my users, once told how it works via email, are fine with it. I am not saying it is perfect. Launching the program again should just bring it to focus instead of trying to figure out what is going on.

As far as thew switchboard goes - the old presence screen worked in a similar fashion. Click a little button to open it. It was part of 3cx Phone as well.

As far as I am concerned, these features work fine as they are. However, enhancements are always welcome.

If you are looking for a change, you should put this into the ideas forum and let it get voted on.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. epeterson

I emailed my users with a pictorial tutorial on how to customize the tray icons so 3CX is always visible in the tray.

4. aberry

aberry New Member

My users are complaining about the missing tabs for extension groups. Is there any way to being back the tabbed groupings? It was much easier to sort and find extensions with per extension group tabs.

5. telis

telis New Member

Yes - I have also made a tutorial and put on our helpdesk but it would be better if this wasn't necessary.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.