3CXPhone presence broken w/ 3CX provision, OK manual config

Discussion in 'iOS' started by hccj, May 28, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hccj

I've tried to provision some 3CXPhone clients as extensions on the local LAN, and am having a problem with them registering for Presence when on our LAN network.

Here's the situation, w/ 3CX Phone:

When on LAN / In Office set: Phone works > "On Hook"; Presence "Not Connected"
    When on LAN / Out of Office set: Phone works > "On Hook"; Presence "Available"
    When connecting remotely: Phone works > "On Hook"; Presence "Available"

The weird thing is that when I delete this configuration on 3CXPhone and enter everything manually by hand. Everything works ok!
    It appears 3CXPhone doesn't even try to make an attempt to connect when on LAN/"In Office"

I'm thinking this may be a possible bug? My workaround is to do all config by hand; does anybody have any suggestions?

FWIW, I have tried modifying the configuration here and there, and re-connecting - but at the moment, the only way to get it working again is to delete the entire entry on 3cxphone, and input manually, then reconnect.

I should mention that the way I am provisioning the 3CXPhone is having the 3CXPhone turned on and app open, goto 3CX admin > Phones > [click on entry of corresponding 3CXPhone] > Click setup as New Extension at top; following this, 3CXPhone would automatically configure.

One strange thing that I do get from the auto configuration is that the 3CX admin console says: "An exception occurred EditExtension Error: The remote certificate is invalid according to the validation procedure."; however the 3CXPhone is otherwise configure and working for calls.

2. hccj

Re: 3CXPhone presence broken w/ 3CX provision, OK manual con

Update:

Did a rollback on a previous backup of the server running 3CX.

Now even a manually configured 3CXPhone will not register w/ Presence locally on the LAN. Choosing "Out of office" works though.

Ideas?

3. Nick_M

I have the same issue:

3CX phone for Local LAN and Remote Access PC/Mac work fine - all presence info shown in both modes.

3CX for iPhone shows presence when in "out of office" mode but not when in "in office" mode.

I have provisioned the iPhonse from the welcome mail with a new install of 3CX iPhone 12.

Sounds like a setup bug somewhere...if anyone has resolved this please advise

4. Snomon

My biggest lesson learned with deploying 3CX 12.5b2 behind a firewall is that the iPhone clients still demand the HTTPs port to be at 443. When I installed 12.5b2 and changed the default 80/443 ports to 5000/https 5001 (like pre 12.5 3CX installs) on a Win2k8 box, my internal/external windows and android clients connected fine. But when my iPhones connected either in or out of office, presence didn't work. As soon as I tweaked IIS to also bind port 443 to the 3CX site, everything magically worked. Also all the port forwards to same said ports must be opened.

Update 12/13/14: Just installed 12.5RC. I noticed that that IIS lost it's 443 binding to 3CX site. My offsite iPhone app still works to get presence now. I'm happy!

5. robxbl69

Since upgrading to 12.5 I can't get presence on iOS 3CX V12 to work when out of office. I have two remote extensions at the same location running 3CX phone for Windows and presence, contacts etc all works fine so is not a forwarding or firewall issue at the office.

How does iOS 3CX know which ports to connect to and if to use http or https?

6. complex1

complex1 Active Member

Hi,

Please read this answer from Vali_3CX found in another post
    http://www.3cx.com/forums/missing-call-info-recordings-voicemails-37701-s15.html#p168965

Hope this answer your question.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  7. robxbl69

Okay thanks, I'll have a go at what he suggests. Will be later though...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.