• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

3CXPhone provisioning problem (re: SRTP)

Status
Not open for further replies.

livn46

Reaction score
We would like to enable both TLS and SRTP on all of our phone calls. I've configured everything server-side for both to work, and they both work if I configure them manually on either a deskphone or a 3CXPhone. TLS has not been a problem: install the certificate beforehand via Group Policy, check the "Enable Secure SIP (TLS)" checkbox in Management Console, send new provisioning file to user and double-click it, and TLS is working. SRTP seems like it should be the same, but I've run into something that makes no sense to me, so I wonder if it's a bug.
  • I create a brand-new extension, nothing configured special. Open the extension in Management Console.
  • Click the "Enable Secure SIP (TLS)" checkbox and click Apply. By comparing versions of the files, I can tell that in the 3CXPhone provisioning file it changes PBXSipPort from 5060 to 5061 and it sets SIPTransport from 0 to 2. That makes sense.
  • Next, I click the "Switch on Secure RTP (SRTP)" checkbox and click Apply. However, the 3CXPhone provisioning file does not change at all: the Date Modified changes, so the system did something with it, but comparing the the "after" version of the file with the "before" version shows no difference.
All 3CX has to do with the provisioning file is change RTPTransport from blank to "2"; I know that because if I edit the provisioning file manually that works. So why doesn't clicking the checkbox do this? Especially compared to the TLS setting it really seems like it should.
I thought of making a script that would go through the provisioning folder and change every occurrence of <RTPTransport /> to <RTPTransport>2<RTPTransport/> regularly, but the Management Console re-creates the provisioning file just before emailing it every time I click "Send Welcome Email", so even a script like that won't allow me to configure clients for SRTP from the Management Console via the welcome email process. I can only do it by going to each computer and clicking through the settings on the softphone to select the option. This doesn't seem right. Am I missing something?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leo13215464
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.