3CXPhone Registers on 3g, not on Wifi

Discussion in 'Android' started by elkosupertech, May 30, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. elkosupertech

This is a real peculiar problem. I have the 3CXPhone for Android Version 2.0.1 connecting to PBXes.com. It will connect just fine by turning off the Wifi and allowing it to connect to 3g network. I also have 3CXPhone for iPhone version 1.1.5 running on an iPad3 Wifi version and it has no problem connecting on the same Wifi network. I'm not ruling out an issue with firewall but it seems odd that the same program on a different platform appears to work.

Phone: Samsung Captivate Glide SGH-I927 running on Android 2.3.5 kernel 2.6.36.3

Any ideas?

2. StefanW

StefanW Head of Customer Support and Training
    Staff Member 3CX Support

on android it is the issue that devices are different. we have only tested it against some models to work. we have also an older samsung here and it does not work on WiFi and we could not see why not...

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. intuitart

Just wanted to add a 'me too' here. I have a Samsung Galaxy Tab 8.9 (SGH-I957M). It registers on 3G but will not register on wifi. An older Motorola Milestone and a Dell laptop running 3CX both register on the same wifi network. I'd be willing to test if there are any possible solutions in development.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.