3CXPhone Registration Fails, other Softphones Work with Exactly the Same Settings

Discussion in 'Windows' started by tech_wonderer, Jan 24, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tech_wonderer

Hello,

Ever since the latest builds [3CX Phone (Build 14.0.47020)/3CX Phone System (Build 47020) ] were released (December 2015), 3CX Phone fails to register on any computer in our network.

Other soft-phones (Zoi*er, X-L*te, etc) work perfectly with the exact same settings. All ports on the server/firewall are open correctly, and pass the 3CX built-in firewall test. Nothing at all has changed, except for the version of 3cx.

All of our other VOIP phone hardware (desk phones) connect to the server fine as well. The only issue is with the 3CX Softphone.

I tried reverting back to an old 3CX Phone, but got the same error. This leads me to believe that it's something with the 3CX System update, not the softphone update, that has changed, and therefore made the Softphone unusable.

Any idea of a fix? I've just been waiting for a new version to be released, or for someone else to post about the issue, but am growing impatient. Again, all other brands of softphones are connecting to the 3CX System perfectly.

Thanks!

Attached Files:

2. complex1

complex1 Active Member

Hi,

After the upgrade to the latest build, did you reprovision the 3CXPhones by sending them a new welcome mail?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. tech_wonderer

complex1, thank you very much for the reply.

I had manually configured 3CX Phone in the past, so I went that route this time. I didn't think to consider provisioning using the link.

It worked!

Thank you again for your time!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.