3CXPhone - Steals Focus, Problem for Receptionist

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by parkerbyron, Oct 24, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. parkerbyron

Whenever calls come in the focus is taken away from any application that you may be typing in - to include stealing focus while you are on a call and doing a contact lookup. So, when the reception answers a call and begins the process of typing a name in the contact box and the phone rings with another call it wipes out the text they were typing and they have to take focus back and start all over again. It seems to me we should be able to tell 3CX to leave the focus alone like it used to. Thanks!

2. ian.watts

ian.watts Active Member

Indeed.. I was typing an email while somebody started talking to me.. after about three "dings" from typing while CTI stole focus, I pressed ENTER and the call was dropped. That is quite embarrassing.

3. nb

nb Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

We copied google chat in this.
    If you minimize (_), and incoming call comes Phone Takes focus.
    If you put in background and you have your email or app in foreground, it does not take focus and you can continue writing your email.
    If you press X, minimizes to system tray and when incoming call comes in, it does not take focus and launches mini answer popup notification window in corner.
    Probably all you need to do is explain this new procedure to your users. Then when they get used to it everything will be ok.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. parkerbyron

After some testing you are mostly correct. Using the minimize continues to allow 3CX to steal focus and when you X out the dialer it does not steal focus. However, depending on what you mean by 'background' if I have the 3CX application open and I move outlook over the top of it and start writing an email 3CX continues to steal focus when a call comes in. For now the X technique will work but ideally the actual 'background' technique (if I'm understanding it correctly) would be better. Ideally we should be able to check a box and tell 3CX to never steal focus no matter what.

5. ian.watts

ian.watts Active Member

Indeed.. I prefer to have that window "blurred" on one of my four displays.. while I'm working on something else.

6. AndreasP_3CX

AndreasP_3CX New Member
    3CX Support

Hi ian.watts,parkerbyron,

this issue will be addressed in the next 3CX Phone System update so please be patient. If you have any other inquiries please feel free to let us know

Best Regards

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  7. Patch1

Has this been fixed it the current release?
    3CX stealing focus due to an incoming call would make it unusable for us.

8. cobaltit

cobaltit Active Member

Yes this was fixed in SP3

http://www.3cx.com/blog/releases/3cx-phone-system-12-service-pack-3/

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.