3CXPhone to Cisco Call Manager?

Discussion in 'Android' started by pholler, Aug 2, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pholler

Hi All,

I have successfully programmed the 3CX Softphone for Windows to a Call Manager (CUCM 7.0) and it works perfectly. Now I am trying to get the 3CXPhone for Android to do the same thing and I can never get it registered. I have noticed that the setups are a bit different, the softphone asks for an extension, ID, and Password where the Android just asks for User and Password.

Has anybody tried establishing a connection to a Call Manager? Thanks!

2. nutterbutter

Same here. Can't register and can barely keep the 3cx application on the desktop long enough to edit the settings. I have to go to the app, press menu, then profile inside a nano second, otherwise I'm back at my homepage/desktop. Not sure if I should be using the Cisco user id/pass or phone extension for User and if I use my extension as User what do I use for password?

3. pholler

I am posting the syslog error on the Call Manager to see if anybody can help. :

Aug 4 15:15:20, SXCUCMPUB1, Error, Cisco CallManager, ccm: 95649: Aug 04 20:15:20.68 UTC : %CCM_CALLMANAGER-CALLMANAGER-3-SIPLineRegistrationError: SIP line registration error. Device IP address.:10.169.2.48 Device Port.:5060 Device name [Optional].:SEP000000002985 Device type. [Optional]:336 Reason Code [Optional].:2 Connecting Port:5060 Registering SIP User.:pHOLLER Configured DNs.:2985-Null Cluster ID:StandAloneCluster Node ID:SXCUCMPUB1, 15592

According to Cisco Documentation, a SIPLineRegistrationError is:

Explanation A SIP line attempted to register with CallManager and failed due to the error inidicated in the Reason Code parameter. The alarm could indicate a device misconfiguration, database error, or an illegal/unknown device trying to attempt a connection.

Recommended Action Verify the directory number(s) on the device itself match the directory number(s) configured in the CCM database.

Since the recommended action deals with directory numbers, I think that's the issue. My OP stated I could get the PC version of 3CX to register with no issues. The PC version has an entry for an extension field. The Android version does not.

Can a 3CX engineer verify if that is the issue or not? If so, is there a way around it? I'd LOVE to use my droid as my work extension if possible. Thanks!

4. Nick Galea

Nick Galea Site Admin

3CXPhone for Android is only supported on standards based SIP servers. Unfortunately we have no time to figure out Cisco errors!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. pholler

Fair enough, all I was really looking for was an answer yes or no and you provided that. I'll have to keep using SIPdroid for my Call Manager Client. Thanks!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.