• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

3cxPhone v12 no audio and rarely dials.

Status
Not open for further replies.

sjohnson

Reaction score
I have the 3cxPhone version 12.5.44288.0 for windows and am running windows 10 on the machine it's running on.
The program only lets me make a call when you first start the application. Once you dial that first call then hang up it wont let you dial again. When you do get the rare chance to dial out there is no audio at all. The audio for the button press plays and i've checked all audio drivers and audio settings and everything there is peachy. It just wont play audio on calls. I've scoured the internet trying to find some kind of solution and im coming up empty handed and the guy who set up the phone system basically set up the phone program sent me the provisioning file and said "Good luck finding it out." So i figured its time to consult the all mighty forum.

On the 3CXPhone app, go to the Audio Options and see if all 3 devices are populated like shown below.

If one of them is not, then this could be causing the behavior you are describing.

Attachments

• audio_devices.png
    audio_devices.png
    21.9 KB · Views: 3,518
We ran into this issue. It turned out to be that there was no MIC device installed. Once we installed a USB headset with a MIC the problem went away.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.