Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

3CXPhone v14 CTI with Snom D715

Discussion in 'Windows' started by sknight, Sep 9, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sknight

We currently run a small 3CX v11 deployment where most employees have a separate remote home and local office extension configured to ring as the same ring group. We are able to configure 2 different 3CX MyPhone instances (one for connecting as a remote extension when working from home and another for the local "in office" extension on days the employee is not working remotely). Everything works well - using 3CX My Phone v11 our employees can place an outbound call originating from their computer which first dials the IP extension then places the outbound call. This works for remote (Snom) and local extensions (Polycom) fine.

We installed the trial version of 3CX v14 with a similar configuration to test if it would work for our deployment to upgrade. The new 3CXPhone v14 CTI mode works fine calling our local Polycom phones then placing the outbound call (exactly like v11 did) but does not seem to be sending calls to the remote extensions using Snom D715 phones (Firmware 8.7.5.13). Using the Snom direct dial link (http://login:password@ipaddress/command.htm?number=phonenumbertodial) I can use my web browser to originate outbound calls fine but it does not work with 3CXPhone v14 CTI. While researching this issue I noticed that older versions of MyPhone had an option to customize the dialout URL under the setting "trigger call on deskphone using this url" (http://www.3cx.com/blog/docs/call-setup-snom/). I didn't see anything like this with v14 but may have missed it. We could instruct our users to manually use the Snom dial-out link or setup our own program for that - but would like to use the built in 3CXMyPhone if possible. From what I read I thought that Snom D715 and CTI were directly supported in V14 and should "just work". Thank you for any help.

2. pj3cx

pj3cx Active Member

Hi there,
    As per admin manual the CTI mode is applicable only with local extensions so is applicable in these two scenarios only:
    - pbx + 3cxphone + hardphone are on same local LAN
    - hardphone is behind a 3CX SBC and 3cxphone is on same remote site

I believe the older functionnality you are referring to is the MakeCall which is deprecated in v14.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. sknight

Thank you for the follow up on this. Do you know if there are any plans to add a similar "MakeCall" functionality to v14? If not it seems like the simple solution is to only purchase phones (like Snom) which have their own independent "MakeCall" ability.

4. srjbrouwer

We are working with terminal servers, so the windows 3cx phone is installed within the terminal server while the phone is a different remote site.
    In v12.5 this was working fine, also without SBC.

If I understand you correctly this is not possible anymore in v14?
    We are currently hosting the cloud server 12.5 with multiple clients working in different terminal environments.
    This would make an upgrade impossible to sell..

Kind Regards,

Sander Brouwer

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.