3CXPhone v15 Deploy user configuration

Discussion in 'Windows' started by timmy59, Oct 31, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. timmy59

Hi
    How can the user configuration for the windows client automatically deployed?
    Thanks

2. Marios Neophytou

Marios Neophytou Support Team

Hello,

Make sure that your 3CXPhone is clean from any configuration accounts ( Settings > Configure Accounts). Now, on you Management Console > Phones you should see a PnP "Phone for Windows" and you PC's IP address. On the top configuration bar click on Assign Ext or Add Ext and do the configuration you want. Also, you can use welcome email method to Provision you 3CXPhone. For more info about this please follow this Link : http://www.3cx.com/user-manual/installation-windows/

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. timmy59

Ok, and is it possible to load the user's configuration when he logs in at windows?

4. Marios Neophytou

Marios Neophytou Support Team

Hello,

As long as you configured you 3CXPhone with any of these methods then every time you login to your machine the Client should be start with the last configuration you made.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. Sopock

Sopock Member

Hi,

I think there should be a note about Windows 10 where such option is not available?:confused:
    In case your network interface does not list this address you are not ready to provision your IP phone via PnP. To resolve open “Control Panel\Network and Internet\Network Connections” -> Advanced -> Advanced Settings

Reorder the network priority settings so the interface which was selected during the installation primary interface to be listed first (your SIP interface in other words).

6. tys-b

Sorry but this is not a very good solution.
    Yes works great if you have a few computers to manage,

But what! if you have 200+ client desktops/laptops to manage and frequently changes of staff, re-imaging new computers, you will spend a lot of time to load the 3cxphone profiles.

There should be a supported way to automaticaly load 3cx with user profile, login script or group policy to pull correct config from 3cx server.

7. Lewis Burgess

I agree. The Windows Softphone is the one element of 3CX which is questioning whether I adopt the system. It's otherwise excellent but the soft phone has some major issues like this. Such a shame!

8. Denis Szücs

Hi there

Since v15 does generate the user config files on the fly and so does not store them physically on the 3CX server anymore, i wonder if theres a possibility to auto-install the user's config files based on a windows domain (netlogon i.ex.)

Lets say we have a company that has 200 temporary employees that work iregular on different computers (one employee does work on 10 different computers). Right now we'd need to install the config file everytime a user logs into a new computer that he has never worked before (we're not using server-based user profiles..)

If i am right, there's no solution provided from 3CX right now, correct?

Theres a possible 'workarround' where you auto-copy the config files from a user after he imported the configuration on his first computer, stored in his %userprofile/AppData%, store it on a network share en re-deploy everytime, he logs in to a computer.

Any other solutions?

Cheers
    Denis

vizualpro and Fabio Colbrelli like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.