3CXPhone ver 1.1.2 for iPhone

Discussion in 'iOS' started by Vali_3CX, Oct 31, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vali_3CX

Vali_3CX Well-Known Member
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hi all

Our new release of 3CXPhone for iPhone, ver.1.1.2, is available on Apple Store.
    Most significant things added are the built-in 3CXTunnel and echo cancellation, but there are also alot of fixes and improvements. We tested it with iPhone and iPad running iOS5.0, iPhone iOS 4.2 and iPod iOS 4.2.

Any feedback will be welcome.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Iohades

Re: NEW: 3CXPhone ver 1.1.2 for iPhone available

Not working on ipad 2 ios 5 . Aplication not start.

3. complex1

complex1 Active Member

Device Info
    -------------------------------------------------------
    Phone Model: iPhone
    Generation: 3GS
    Firmware Version: 5.0
    Jailbreak: NO
    Cydia Installed: NO

Issue Info
    Handset: Phone
    Contacts: Local
    Connection: WiFi
    Server: Internal

Not working. Application won't start. :cry:

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. Vali_3CX

Staff Member 3CX Support

"application don't start" - weird, since it was tested including by Apple :roll:
    Is this an upgrade or a fresh installation? If is an upgrade, please try to uninstall the old one and perform a fresh install :S

5. complex1

complex1 Active Member

Hi Vali,

No, it is a fresh install.
    You see the app starting and then it is “gone”
    This also occurs when the iPhone is completely switched off.

6. Ontwerp

Hi
    Did a fresh install en no dice
    Iphone 4 32gb ios 5

7. DervMan

Same thing here,

Upgraded 3CX to new version via 'App Store Update' but after that the app won't start. I get the splash screen but then it disappears.

3CX is shown in the 'running apps' bar at the bottom when you double click.

I've tried killing 3CX and restarting but same thing.

I've rebooted the iPhone but same thing.

I've also tried deleting the app then reinstalling.

iPhone 4 (not S) running iOS 5.

Also tried with WiFi disabled.

8. peedib

Mine too...
    work fine before in prior version and iOS 5
    but after update to v1.1.2, Crash upon opening App on both iPhone 3GS & 4 :S
    both is iOS 5 official one not beta, non jailbreak.
    already try delete App and restart the phone after that reinstall again but no help :cry:

Do you and apple really test it before let it came out?

9. Vali_3CX

Staff Member 3CX Support

No, we don't , we uploaded it blindly :roll:

Frank, Ontwerp and DervMan: we just questioned Apple about this, because this issue seems to don't be "in our backyard", unfortunately. To recap:

as I said , on our development and test devices is working - passed. on our beta-testers devices is working - passed. before sending to apple, Apple's validation tool - passed. Apple's tester tests - passed. approved. on the App Store - failed.
    Based on this sequence, my assumption is something happened after Apple's tester gave OK, and what I'm supposing is they re-sign the app with a different, perhaps new, certificate. If they sign only the app, but not the "dll"(s) inside, downloaded application will behave as you saw - in fact, application even don't starts, it's the iOS loader refusing to start the app (we already found this behavior during development and tests). Also. I'm assuming this because on the "uploading" log, provided by Apple, appeared a new stage, not seen until now: "preparing for App Store", taking around 6 min - what it means, I have no clue, it's their "kitchen".

Let's hope we will get an answer/solution from Apple - it's very annoying and frustrating for everybody.
    vali

10. DervMan

Thanks for the update, I appreciate it.

11. carrega

Here is a log of the error

10/31/11 4:37:42 PM ReportCrash Notice Formulating crash report for process 3CXPhone[221]
    10/31/11 4:37:42 PM com.apple.launchd Notice (UIKitApplication:com.3cx.iphone[0xb6c8]) Exited: Killed: 9
    10/31/11 4:37:42 PM com.apple.launchd Warning (UIKitApplication:com.3cx.iphone[0xb6c8]) Throttling respawn: Will start in 2147483647 seconds
    10/31/11 4:37:42 PM SpringBoard Warning Application '3CXPhone' exited abnormally with signal 9: Killed: 9
    10/31/11 4:37:42 PM ReportCrash Notice Formulating crash report for process 3CXPhone[223]
    10/31/11 4:37:42 PM ReportCrash Notice Formulating crash report for process 3CXPhone[223]
    10/31/11 4:37:42 PM com.apple.launchd Notice (UIKitApplication:com.3cx.iphone[0x6c32]) Exited: Killed: 9
    10/31/11 4:37:45 PM kernel Debug launchd[228] Container: /private/var/mobile/Applications/D914C17B-C9FC-4CF9-A4B6-6C5749C8A225 [69] (sandbox)
    10/31/11 4:37:45 PM com.apple.launchd Notice (UIKitApplication:com.3cx.iphone[0xc95d]) Exited: Killed: 9
    10/31/11 4:37:45 PM com.apple.launchd Warning (UIKitApplication:com.3cx.iphone[0xc95d]) Throttling respawn: Will start in 2147483647 seconds
    10/31/11 4:37:45 PM SpringBoard Warning Application '3CXPhone' exited abnormally with signal 9: Killed: 9
    10/31/11 4:37:45 PM SpringBoard Warning Application 'com.3cx.iphone' has failed to launch too many times. Not relaunching.
    10/31/11 4:37:45 PM ReportCrash Warning [VMUSampler sampleAllThreadsOfTask:withSymbolicator] returned no stacks for 3CXPhone[228]
    10/31/11 4:37:45 PM ReportCrash Notice Formulating crash report for process 3CXPhone[228]
    10/31/11 4:37:45 PM ReportCrash Error Saved crashreport to /var/mobile/Library/Logs/CrashReporter/3CXPhone_2011-10-31-163745iPhone.plist using uid: 0 gid: 0, synthetic_euid: 501 egid: 0
    10/31/11 4:37:46 PM ReportCrash Error Saved crashreport to /var/mobile/Library/Logs/CrashReporter/3CXPhone_2011-10-31-163745iPhone.plist using uid: 0 gid: 0, synthetic_euid: 501 egid: 0
    10/31/11 4:38:45 PM SpringBoard Notice Posting 'com.apple.iokit.hid.displayStatus' notifyState=0

12. complex1

complex1 Active Member

Hi Vali,

Thank you for the explanation, I appreciate it.
    Is it possible to download the version just before you did upload it to the App Store?
    The tested one, by your beta-testers?

I will not ask you for an estimated time of a new release, because you don’t know it either.

Regards,
    Frank.

13. Vali_3CX

Staff Member 3CX Support

Hi Frank

The answer is: no. Apple provide a very restrictive environment in this aspect (from some points of view, is good, though): the developer can send the in-development app only to certain users, "the choosen ones", who are required to be approved (based on their devices ID) by the developer and registered by Apple. They are the ones called "beta-testers". Then, the developer send them the app, and app's certificate is checked by their iOS against Apple provided's one and only if they match the app is launched. Otherwise, your app will get the same simptom as the one we "enjoying" right now.

L.E: carrega, thanks for the log.

14. ATNZ

Phone Model: iphone 4 (white) MC604X
    Generation: 4
    Firmware Version: 5.0 (9a334)
    Jailbreak: No
    Cydia Installed: No

Issue Info
    Contacts: Local and Exchange
    Connection: WiFi and 3G
    Server: Internal - 3CX v10 sp2

I have tried this and it doesn't work for us either, same start and crash as everyone else. How long to "fix" whatever the problem is?

15. pato

Same problem here, splashscreen and nothing more. Luckely i didnt sync the phone after upgrading so i had the old one (1.0.23) in iTunes so i could restore the app from there, working again with the old one :)

Phone Model: iphone 3gs (MC133KS)
    Generation: 3?
    Firmware Version: 5.0 (9A334)
    Jailbreak: No
    Cydia Installed: No

Issue Info
    Contacts: Local and Exchange
    Connection: WiFi and 3G
    Server: IP-CENTREX, Asterisk based, fresh installed dough cause of delete and reinstall, dont think this matters

16. novacom

any news on a fix, upgraded 3 clients at the same time and now noone is working... :cry:

17. nakanet

So far, so good...
    I thought the expecting 1.1.x series of the 3CX softphone for iPhone come to be the unifying solution to our enviroment, but I see that Apple is struggling with something that make the users frustrated.
    As I said in a previous post here in the forum, I´m using another SIP softphone app to keep me connected to the 3CX central, but we want to use a unified platform and we´re waiting for a long time for the release of the 1.1.x series of the 3CX Phone.
    But here in Japan, we also experimented trobles in updates or fresh installs of 3CX Phone in several equipments of our school, and gaves us a big trouble, because we lost the previous version of 3CX phone and we had, in an emergency operation, install and set up some equipments of our company to the ageet´s softphone to keep the network operational.
    Hope we can have a solution for this trouble in a short period of time.
    Best regards.

Eduardo Nakagawa
    Director
    Nakanetworks Japan

18. Nick Hoogland

The new version does also not work on the iPod (second generation) with IOS 4.3.3. The behavior for the iPod is similar to earlier posts: just a splash screen after which the application disappears to the background. Application restart and iPod reboot does not solve the problem.

19. ATNZ

It would be very helpful if we could get an update as to what the plan is to resolve this and get a 1.1.x version out that works?

20. LCC

LCC

Same here. App crashes on launch.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.