• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

3CXPhone ver 1.1.2 for iPhone

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: NEW: 3CXPhone ver 1.1.2 for iPhone available

dustmaker said:
Therefore please do not deny the fact that the application is working incorrectly and please try to fix it.
Please be patient and read the postings, with explanation, of Vali_3CX in this thread.
It is now in the hands of Apple. ;)

I can't believe this. Almost 2 weeks we are "enjoying" major issue with business critical application and still no progress here? No work-around? Any time-line when we can expect this problem to be solved? Any official comment from Apple?

If you read this whole thread you will find:

1) 3CX HAS ADMITTED this version does not work as downloaded from the App Store.

2) They HAVE figured out what is broken and HAVE fixed it IF Apple processes the new version (1.1.3) properly.

3) The only person that has said this version works is a user (pat) and it seems it works only on jail broken phones. This makes sense because jail broken phones probably (I've never looked into jail braking) bypass the authentications that is causing the crash.

So to paraphrase complex1, Chill out, subscribe to this tread for an update from Vali_3CX, and know we are all playing the same waiting game.

SPinkney, dustmaker & Alexord

To make things clear: no, there is no answer from Apple, except the well known automated responses and well known ambiguous "thank you for, we will, asap". Yesterday we sent them the proof - that means, no ambiguity - that the 1.1.2 downloaded from App Store (that means, the one they approved and put there) has two of three components unsigned, making it impossible to start. When we will get something to fix the issue (by them or by us) we will announce.

Vali_3CX,

I think you better copy the file "3CXPhone 1.0.23.ipa" to somewhere and post out the link for people to download it and copy it to the Mobile Applications directory. Then use iTunes to sync the old version 3CX to the iPhone. I believe it will work.

I am now using IOS5.0 with 3CXPhone 1.0.23. It works without problem.

Humann

Humann said:
I think you better copy the file "3CXPhone 1.0.23.ipa" to somewhere and post out the link for people to download it and copy it to the Mobile Applications directory. Then use iTunes to sync the old version 3CX to the iPhone. I believe it will work.
Hi Humann

If I could provide here OUR 1.0.23.ipa, then I could provide, even better, OUR 1.1.2.ipa, and everybody could download it directly from here, making App Store useless :mrgreen: Obviously, I cannot, since OUR .ipas are not signed by Apple, therefore they will not work on your devices.

I guess tomorrow evening I will be able to provide here a concrete answer about what we decided to do.
Regards
vali

Vali...

Wondering... can html5 be used? this way the Apple middleman is removed and maybe future updates. Online banking systems are now using html5. Basically submit 1 app, but control the look and feel remotely (in this case...pushed via customers 3cx server). Not a true app but looks like one.

These guys are using html5

http://alkamitech.com/features/online-banking-suite

Maybe html5 for MyPhone too? ; )

Hi,

I just updated to 3CX Version 1.1.4 via iTunes. This version is working on my iPhone 4s with IOS 5.0.1

The 1.1.4 version of iPhone 3CX app seems to be working fine.
I've installed on a 3GS with iOS 5 without any problems.
Let's see how it world from now !

Indeed version 1.1.4 works like a charm. I have one question though. IS there a way to set the tunnel port or does it use the standard tunnel port?We changed our tunnel port.
If I leave the PBX port to 5060 it does register internal but not when i'm outside..
Our every time you need to modify the port?

OK, shortly, this seems to be the end of 1.1.2 saga. We figure out the problem is the built-in tunnel, so we stripped it and released 1.1.4, which is now available on AppStore. I will close this thread and I will open a new one for 1.1.4. Apologies from 3CX for two weeks of troubles.
--------------------------------------------------------------

P.S the long story, for who's interested:
As I said, since the first report of 1.1.2 crash, we assumed that, before placing it in the App Store, App Store team did not properly code-resigned (with App Store certificate) our application already tested and approved by Apple Review team. Until now, we did not get any explanation from Apple regarding this. For almost two weeks, we sent them informations, project settings, test cases, all we assumed could be useful to find a solution, but until two days ago, we didn't get any TECHNICAL feedback from Apple, except generic "thank you, we will check, asap, please provide the crash log". Now is coming the interesting part:

On Thursday, we sent them the proof : "we found that in 1.1.2 available on App Store, only the application has been signed by Apple, while the two dynamic libraries not, leading to the known crash. You can see this in the following way [...] attached are [...]". Suddenly, we got the first concrete answer, something like "What? You're using dynamic libraries? You're not allowed do this, it violates the 2.8 rule, Apps that install or launch other executable code will be rejected. We will check the crash log to see what it means, but you're not allowed to use dynamic libraries".

This was our answer:
- our application, as is, with the two libraries, has been APPROVED. Nobody at Apple Review rejected it for "2.8 Apps that install or launch other executable code will be rejected". Nobody. We even don't knew about this requirement. Moreover, in two weeks of ping-pong mails, nobody at Apple Review found that the package contains two prohibited libraries. Two weeks. Even more, trying to clarify the issue, WE told that inside the package are two libraries. If our application would have been rejected two weeks ago with the precise "2.8" reason, not only we would have been able to find a fix, but we would avoid alot, thousands of customers become angry about the crash. They could live with a product delay, could live with a product having a feature less, but not with a product crashing instantly. It was a very sour-taste, very embarassing and sad experience, which could have been avoided by a simple thing: an app rejection with "2.8" reason. But no, it was approved and got the blessing.

- XCode has a validation tool, checking if the app complies with App Store - why it doesn't check for existence of such libraries, or code-signing issues? These checkings are perfectly suitable for an automated tool like this one, saving a lot of time for both developers and Apple Review testers.

So, bottom-line, yesterday we decided to strip the two libraries (basically the tunnel) and to release 1.1.4, ie 1.1.2 with one feature less. Next we will have to find a workaround for the tunnel.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gamingpro2131
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.