3CXPhone video support features

Discussion in 'Windows' started by Vali_3CX, Dec 18, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vali_3CX

Vali_3CX Well-Known Member
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hi, all

As promised some time ago, we started to implement video support to our 3CXPhone. So, if you have some suggestions, feature requests, related to this subject, it's the proper time for them 8)

Thanks
    vali

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. igor.snezhko

igor.snezhko Active Member

Great! Waiting for first beta!

3. pjr

pjr New Member

Please test this with Polycom VVX1500 Media Phones - we have them here and they dont play well with X-Lite or any other SIP video phone due to the way in which they negotiate media initially. If you can get the 3CX Softphone/3CX PBX to work with them it would be great!

Support for a variety of video codecs to cover all bandwidth scenarios.

Compatibility with devices such as Mobotix SIP Cameras, 2N Door Entry Cameras would also be great.

Any kind of multi point video conferencing would be good (ie more than a one to one video call)

Paul

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

Two buttons, one to answer with video enabled and one to answer without video. Not everyone wants to be seen by all callers and it would probably appear rude if you answered and then cut off the picture when you realized who it was, or that your office is a complete mess. So you need an easy way, when answering, to defeat the camera without the other person realizing that you have video capability but you "don't want to use it with them". Maybe a big green button with the eye "closed" and a smaller one with the eye "open", less chance of clicking on that one by mistake. Or an option to defeat video on all calls by default until you have answered and then, if you want, enable it.

Actually, the ability to have some "speed call" buttons appear when you want i, off to one side, would be great.

5. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

That's probably the best advice as you don't really need to "re-invent the wheel", just improve it. Or, at the least, come up with your own version that works just as well.

6. pjr

pjr New Member

The option to share your PC desktop via the softphone and have that displayed in the video window would be useful

7. LeonidasG

LeonidasG Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

The Camera window isnt very big. It's just enough to see your Callers face like any other Video Call Application, it cant be configured to show the Desktops.
    That's going into stuff like remote applications like VNC.

8. igor.snezhko

igor.snezhko Active Member

Screen sharing is great at some point, but most of my customers waiting for true videoconferencing :roll: This is a REAL advantage.
    In my opinion, we cannot feel a power of video support without videoconferencing feature from 3CX server.

9. LeonidasG

LeonidasG Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

For now everyone is going to have to simply settle for simple Video Calls :p
    It's an Upgrade from no Video, to VIDEO, and i think we should all be happy that Santa is at least bringing that this year :)

The sprinkles and cherry on the top we can add later once this version is actually released...

10. jameswilson

Im very pleased there is an updated client coming.
    Granted i know your aiming for video in this release and i think thats great (while of no use to us lol)

However if it would be ok id like to suggest a couple of things.

1. Could programmable buttons be made available for regular contacts, ie internal and external numbers. Also on the internal ones a presense indication would be useful, ie red led for busy, green led for available, amber for dnd etc.
    2. Easy simple conference calling, ie when 3 or 4 people need to be involved in the same active call
    3. Easier managed transfer. Our old PBX (ip) used to transfer calls when hanging up. ie incoming call is answered, basis of call established. One would then call the relevant extension, have a quick chat and then press 'Transfer' to drop the call and transfer it to the person called. Made it very easy.
    4. We used to be able to shade in a tel number say on a website and press a keycombination. The client would then call that number inserting the req numbers for a external (if relevant line) i have been unable to get stable calling unless using the 3cx softphone from the assistant. Might be a config issue our end as it seems to offer this.
    5. Speakerphone and headset option. ie we have some machines with wireless headsets (usb plantronics), usb handsets, and speakers etc. Mainly you use the usb handset for normal short calls. But if wandering away from your desk or call is longer than planned you can transfer to headset. Of most use of course would be speakerphone.

Im wondering if it would be better for 3cx to develop the assistant more (as its tied to their platform) rather than a sip phone that could be used by non 3cx paying customers?
    Also i would prefer to have normal day to day functionality in one application and not 2, or a way of making them appear as one app (docked together for instance?)

Thanks for listening.
    James

11. pjr

pjr New Member

Hi James,

All good suggestions - I would also add them to the feature request forums for better visibility.

Paul

12. Vali_3CX

Vali_3CX Well-Known Member
    Staff Member 3CX Support

exactly this is the purpose of these two products, one to to be 3CX-specific and paid, the other one general and freeware. There are plans to develop more BOTH of them.

13. etelecom

Many thanks for starting development on Video Soft phone, please add functionality to make video call between 3cx soft phone and Hard VC equipment (may be Polycom Vsx 6000, or Aethra X3 etc),

i have tried lot to make video call with x-lite and Aethra X3 but many time video is through and No voice and vice versa,

so me eagerly waiting for Video Soft phone

14. amaze8

ahhhh yesssss

- the ability to call "3g" video cellphones....

go on, think big! there has to be a way to do it :) (I know how :) )

if you can, I have a big contract in china for you :) really big :)

15. smb1

smb1 New Member

I'm a tad late to this thread....

How about the ability to start and stop video independent of the voice? So be able to answer a call voice only and then enable video during the conversation and then stop video again.

Any word on a beta?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.