3CXPhone - voice message notification?

Discussion in 'Windows' started by henkemail, Jan 7, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. henkemail

I find the free 3CXPhone so be an amazing piece of software!

Though, can ANYONE tell me how to get the message waiting indicator to work?

I am just using the 3CXPhone softphone (NOT the full IP PBX / SIP proxy system!)

It's a pain to have to call the voice-box manually all the time just to check if there are new messages (I also have two accounts.. so that makes it double the hassle).

I am using the Phonzo (http://www.phonzo.se) VOIP service provider. And the message notification works with other phones such as Counterpath X-lite etc. Though I really want to use the 3CXPhone since it provides outstanding functionality and reliability (I can easily switch between multiple accounts, make phone calls over dialup wireless broadband connections without problem, etc etc).

Million thanks in advance!

/Henrik

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

It should work on the windows version (it does in conjunction with the 3CX PBX), not sure about the iPhone version, not yet available in the Android version.

3. henkemail

Ok thanks leejor for your reply!

Guess it's gotta be somthing with the notification from my service provider.. that's not compatible with the phone.. :( It's a real shame.. I would easily have paid money to get it to work..!

4. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

While there are SIP standards, not everyone adheres completely to them, which could be the case. If you have other devices, that seem to be working just fine with MWI, I'm very surprised that the 3CX phone isn't.

If you wish to pursue this, you could use something like Wireshark, to capture the message as it's sent to an Ethernet connected device.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.