Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

3CXPhone with BroadVoice

Discussion in 'Windows' started by mdeerfield, Jan 12, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mdeerfield

Hi All -

Just curious if anyone has 3CXPhone working with BroadVoice as a provider? I think I'm getting hung up b/c BroadVoice requires an outbound proxy - instead of just a domain for outbound. For clarification - you can look at this article for configuring X-Lite. http://www.broadvoice.com/support_install_byod_xlite_v3.html

I can get it registered - but unable to initiate an outbound call.

Thanks;
    Mike D.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Vali_3CX

Vali_3CX Well-Known Member
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hi, Mike
    This happen with the version we released yesterday (4.0.10373) ?
    Regards
    vali
    P.S read about 403-issue
    http://www.3cx.com/forums/3cxphone-4-new-voip-phone-with-iphone-look-and-feel-11190-135.html#p67941

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. mdeerfield

Yes, I did refer to the thread you reference prior to my post. I think that the issue is BV uses a separate auth server name (sip.broadvoice.com) and outbound proxy. If you look at the setup for xlite (the link I sent) look closely at step 7. Notice that in Xlite - there's a radio button to select "send outbound via" either domain, or proxy.

4. Vali_3CX

Staff Member 3CX Support

regarding registration, basically, it's just a difference of terms between Xlite and 3CXPhone.
    Xlite vs 3CXPhone
    Display Name - Caller ID
    User name - Extension
    Password - Password
    Authorization user name - ID
    Domain - SIP domain
    Proxy - My location (out of the office).

Therefore, if your provider has as proxy 10.11.122.5:5064 or register.provider.com:5064 and as domain sip.provider.com, then in the My location you specify 10.11.122.5:5064 (or register.provider.com:5064) and in domain sip.provider.com.
    As a note, ability to specifiy a port in the location has been added in this version - the "old way" being to set it from Advanced Settings / PBX port.

If is still not working, I will ask you by PM for a little assistance to help me to reproduce the same issue - thanks.

5. mdeerfield

Thanks - I will give it a try tonight and let you know the results.

6. mdeerfield

I did get it to work - however the fields do not match up as you suggested? Could it be that you are referring to the 3CX Phone that comes bundled with the Assistant? Anyway - here's what I did:

Credentials:

Extension = my 10 digit BV number
    ID: = my 10 digit BV number
    Password = my BV authentication password

My location:

check - I am out of the office - extenal ip 147.135.20.221:5060 (oubound sip proxy that resolved to proxy.nyc.broadvoice.com)
    SIP Domain = sip.broadvoice.com

Tunnel:
    No Changes

7. Vali_3CX

Staff Member 3CX Support

Hi, Mike
    Why needed to specify IP instead of name? :roll: With proxy.nyc.broadvoice.com:5060 didn't work? :roll:

8. mdeerfield

In my initial tests it did not - so I used the IP (b/c that's what the field is asking for). I tested it this morning with the proxy.nyc.broadvoice.com:5060, and it is now working, However - there is one last piece that I do not understand fully - looking at the guide again for setting up BV with XLite - noting how they have you do a ping to determine the best proxy, and then populate the field for this server in this format: proxy-nyc.broadvoice.com , apparently to utilize DNS srv records. http://www.broadvoice.com/support_install_byod_xlite_v3.html - again please see step 7. Using the hyphen in the domain name does not work.

9. Vali_3CX

Staff Member 3CX Support

Hi, Mike
    I've tried to ping from command prompt the proxy-nyc.broadvoice.com server and I've got "Ping request could not find host proxy-nyc.broadvoice.com", so perhaps is a misspelling in their screenshots, or meantime they changed name to proxy.nyc.broadvoice.com.
    Regards
    vali

10. charlielew

Mike can you list where you changed this. I have broadvoice and I canan ot get the outboundd towork. inbound is all set but I get the error on the phone " contact your systems admin".
    Thanks Mike
    Charlie

11. tecnologia2

I can confirm that the outbound proxy is proxy.nyc.broadvoice.com, not proxy-nyc.broadvoice.com

See this list directly from broadvoice
    http://www.broadvoice.com/support_install_byod_xlite_v3.html#chooseproxy

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.