Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

3CXPhone Won't Hang Up on Inter-Office Calls

Discussion in 'Windows' started by (Metaphor), Aug 25, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. (Metaphor)

I am using 3CX Phone System Version 9, with a bunch of users on the 3CX softphone, version 4.0.13527.0.

I have a handful of workers in a remote office connecting using the 3CXTunnel. All of these users have the same connection settings, are running XP Pro, have almost identical computer models, and perform the same daily functions.

All users can call internally and externally, except for one user. This user can place outbound calls (cell phone numbers, land lines, etc.), and everything functions as expected. However, when this user attempts to call an internal extension, they are not able to hang up and end the call.

What I mean by this: The user presses the "end call" button and the phone freezes up and apparently crashes. The user will remain on the line until the other party ends the call, or until he kills the 3cxphone.exe process in task manager. The user can't click any buttons on the 3CX Phone, and the call still shows as connected. Both parties continue are able to still converse until the other party ends the call or my user kills the process in task manager. This user can hang up and end calls to external numbers without incident.

So far I've been looking at software related issues. I've gone through programs looking for something incompatible, without much luck. I've uninstalled and reinstalled the software a number of times with the same results each time.

Could this be a known issue with the v4 software? Is there any place I could download v3 to test this out?
    Thanks.

2. Vali_3CX

Vali_3CX Well-Known Member
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Version 3 of the phone has been stopped more than one and half year ago. Even so, to check for an issue between these two is somehow similar with comparing for an issue on Windows 2000 and Windows XP, there are a lot of things changed.

About situation your user has:
    - it happen on any internal destinations it calls, or only to a specific one?
    - its connection to the PBX is a direct or tunneled one?
    - it's the only active call or it has other calls on hold?
    - it involves video call or only audio?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. (Metaphor)

That makes sense. I wasn't aware of how recent the update was, just wondering if there could be anything in that direction.

1. This issue is prevalent on calls to any extension made by this user. This includes internal extensions located in that remote location, in other remote locations, and in our main office.
    2. It is a Tunneled connection. All users in remote locations use the Tunnel to connect to our main office.
    3. There are no calls on hold, it is the only active call for that extension.
    4. Audio calls only, we are not running any video currently.

A couple more pieces of information:
    - It appears that after connecting, the phone will freeze up upon trying to click any keypad buttons on the softphone. We can verify this is happening because before any button is clicked, the timer is running, but when we try to click anywhere on the keypad, the timer stops and the phone locks up.
    - We have not yet applied the first Service Pack for v9 on our server.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.