3cxphone6 connect by name(not ip)**CONFIGURATION ERROR

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by smokeman, May 6, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. smokeman

since v10, rc1 was released, and a new 3cxphone v6 with it...we thought we'd give ipv6 a shot again.
    Our direct access clients connect via forefront UAG, and UAG does the nat 6to4, so anything that needs ipv4 should work...only you have to use names. It still appears that 3cxphonev6 can't use names, instead of ip's. Even when on the local lan, on a softphone with name put in as local server, we get forbidden.
    Can you add support for using names, so 3cxphone6 will work over direct access ipv6?

Thanks,
    Barry Smoke
    Network Administrator
    future 3cx customer

2. nb

nb Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Re: 3cxphone6 connect by name(not ip)DirectAccess support

IPV6 is currently not supported. So do not bother trying. And do not even bother trying with any other phone manufacturer for all that matters.
    You can use names - domain names. This is what the support entails at the moment. If you are getting forbidden, then it means that the 3CX Phone system is not aware that it can also be reached with this domain name.

TIP - put the name in the local sip domain field in the general. Like this 3CX knows about this domain name and trusts requests. But IPv6 is not supported.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. smokeman

I understand ip6 is not supported, but what I'm trying to do is get ip4 working with 3cxphone6(only using directaccess which does 6to4 translation) as I mentioned earlier, we've been able to get many other services working, by simply using server names. I did try setting up the SRV record for sip in dns, but I'm still getting server unreachable when trying to use names in 3cxphone6.

I tried putting the domain name in as the sip domain
    http://www.3cx.com/blog/voip-howto/direct-sip/
    (SRV record as mentioned in 3cx article, and a record pointing sip.audit.local to the server I've installed 3cx on)

4. Vali_3CX

Vali_3CX Well-Known Member
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hi
    You get "Forbidden" error message on the display? If yes - when? At first registration? When attempting to make a call after a successfull registration?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.