"3CXSetupUtils can't be loaded"

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by schiffini, Mar 6, 2007.

1. schiffini

Hi

I make the download of the major version avaiable to download on the site and get this pop-up error message:

"3CXSetupUtils can't be loaded. Call the support"

Procedure:
    I click on the icon of .exe to install the package. A load bar begin to run up 100 %, after this the pop-up window of error is displayed.

What is happening with this software install?

Regards
    Cesar

2. vaohama

Hi

Hi!
    schiffini I'm Danai from Thailand
    I can install for Windows XP Pro , Windows Server 2003 Service Pack 1
    for Windows XP pro i can install and use it everything OK Now i have to test to install to Server+Isa Server
    your error "3CXSetupUtils can't be loaded. Call the support" problem in your Windows :lol:

For Download and Install I'm thank it OK please back to look in your Windows configurator IE and your network if can not let's me know i'll download and save to ZIP file and sent to you OK guy?

Danai
    System from Thailand

3. vadim

3CXSetupUtils.dll is a special dll, loaded in setup process. Before installation it placed in folder like "C:\Documents and Settings\User\Local Settings\Temp\nsc6.tmp". It is very strange situation, if you installator can't create folder in users Temp folder. Do you have rights for creating in this folder? Could you find this dll in Temp folder immediately after pop-up error message?

4. schiffini

Vadim,

Yes, im the administrator of the machine. Have the rights to write inte temp folder.

I folow the process of instalation and note that is created a folder in the temp with name "nsv7.tmp" and inside have only one dll called "system.dll".

Now maybe i discovery a clue what can happening. Im not found the site again, but i see in somewhere that the DLL can be look like a malware to some programs that search for worms, malwares, ets..

I have running on the machine the software "search and destroy" and the "AVG" antivirus.

Maybe some of this softwares can that some way block this install without give a warning message?

VaoHama, you can send the file. I thank you!

5. vadim

Probably, yes. In 3CXSetupUtils.dll there is one suspicious function - CreateUserForService. It creates user for database service.