• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

3CXVoipPhone Not Registering with VoIP Providers

Status
Not open for further replies.

gpsjeff717

Reaction score
Anyone else today noticing that the 3CXPhone softphone not connecting with your VoIP provider?

Mine has been working flawlessly for at least six months.... until today. (version 4.0.10858.0)
None of my 4 separate VoIP providers that I normally have it configured with will register today.

This same strange phenomena happened about six months ago.

The solution for me is to change the default STUN server setting from stun.3cx.com to any one of the publicly available STUN servers. I just reset mine to stun01.sipphone.com and.... everything is working fine once again.

I guess the 3cx stun server is down?
I came here to see if others were experiencing the same problem but I was surprised to see that now one else seems to have noticed this issue...

I suppose I'm in the minority of users who use the 3CXphone to directly connect to VoIP services.

Our 3CX phone system uses the stun feature, - not actually using the 3CX softpone, but nevertheless i had not noticed any issues with 3CX stun server today.

I have the same problem in 5 PCs. I tried x-Lite in one of them and works fine.
All OSs are 7, x64 Ultimate.
Regards,

I had same problem yesterday and v early today, and was unable to correct it by using alternate stun servers. This am, however, was finally able to achieve connection. See posting 'Stun check failure'.

My 3CXPhones are working once again (direct to voip providers) this morning when I switched back to using stun.3cx.com from stun01.sipphone.com.

This is a bit of a mystery as to why this happens. I can recall this exact registration issue (with stun.3cx.com) occurring in the past year or so for a one day period, just like this time...

Hi,

Our stun server was briefly down but the issue was fixed.
We've made sure that this will never happen again.

I updated to SP4 yesterday. 1 or two calls and works then fails. No incoming messages in the server log.
Forcing a reregistraion works for 1 or two calls then fails again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hammad.k
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.