3CXWin8Phone terminal server .net unhandled exception

Discussion in 'Windows' started by bbaker73, Sep 9, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bbaker73

bbaker73 New Member

I'm setting up a new Citrix Xenapp 7.9 2012 server with Citrix roaming profiles. I'm adding users and all is well except for one extension. As soon as provisioning file is loaded, .net runtime error:

Application: 3CXWin8Phone.exe
    Framework Version: v4.0.30319
    Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception.
    Exception Info: exception code c0000005, exception address 68A22C80

and also

Faulting application name: 3CXWin8Phone.exe, version: 14.0.49169.0, time stamp: 0x56cb2e90
    Faulting module name: VCEWindows8Agent.dll, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x56cb192b
    Exception code: 0xc0000005
    Fault offset: 0x00112c80
    Faulting process id: 0x4344
    Faulting application start time: 0x01d20adae7b67446
    Faulting application path: C:\ProgramData\3CXPhone for Windows\PhoneApp\3CXWin8Phone.exe
    Faulting module path: C:\ProgramData\3CXPhone for Windows\PhoneApp\VCEWindows8Agent.dll
    Report Id: 2c76224a-76ce-11e6-80f6-0050568289e0
    Faulting package full name:

I have tried loading the config file in other windows user profiles with the same outcome. I have another test 2012 server (not citrix) and it loads fine there.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled 3CXwin8phone on the affected Citrix server. We have deleted and recreated the extension with limited configuration in 3CX server, but we cannot get it to work. 5-10 other extensions work fine it is just this one at this point. This one server does not like this one extension#. The same extension config can be loaded on Win7, and another 2012 non citrix server.

To recap, this one extension will load anywhere else except this server. It is not limited to the one roaming user profile, it will fault in test user profiles on this server as well, even with admin rights.

I've looked for places to delete possibly held data for this extension on the server to start fresh for this extension, but the only place i'm aware of is the user appdata folder where the xml config is held.

I'm at a loss at this point.

2. bbaker73

bbaker73 New Member

This is version 14. I still haven't gotten anywhere resolving this one extension issue. I've added 8 more users and their extensions to this server with no issues. Just this one extension#.

3. dfinance

Hello,

regards your citrix farm, do you use provisioning services or do you import servers from adc?

4. bbaker73

bbaker73 New Member

We had 3rd party set up citrix so I am not sure.

I do have more information on the extension causing an error and we have submitted a ticket to 3cX.

To update, extension 1107 DOES have an error on other servers/workstations when the config file is ran. The difference on this server is it crashes the program. On the other server and win7 workstations there is an audible error but it does not crash the program. We also determined the crash is due to the status. If it is switched to Do Not Disturb or Out of Office, it does not crash or make the audible error. When switching to status available, away, or Available2 is when it crashes or gives the audible crash sound on win 7.

We are leaning towards an anomaly in the 3cx database/server config as this is the only extension producing this error and on any OS it is configured on. Even deleting the extension in the 3cx management console and recreating it with the default config still causes the error with this extension#.

I'll post back if 3cX can determine the problem. We have sent them logs.

5. Thomas Wulz

what do you give me, when i tell you the solution:
    disable chat notification sound for the extension.
    sounds simple, but it took me a long time to analyze and fix the problem in our citrix environment.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.