3rd Party SBC Gateway

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by tgg_sparks, Aug 29, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tgg_sparks

We have signed up for SIP service with PLDT in the Philippines for our remote office. They brought in what appears to be a Cisco SBC Gateway and configured it with our server address as the signaling IP.

What I'd like to know is how to configure 3CX to receive and make calls using this gateway? Is this even possible? I attempted to use the IP address and gateway they gave us and configured it as a Generic SIP without credentials, but I've had no success.

Have I missed something obvious? Is it conceptually impossible?

2. cobaltit

cobaltit Active Member

So no success is pretty vague. Actual errors from the log files would get you somewhere. I've yet to find a SIP trunking setup that doesn't work with 3CX and with IP authentication like you describe you have to try really hard to make it not work, at least for incoming. At a minimum you should see inbound attempts in the 3CX log unless you screwed up the networking or made a typo. So call your provider and troubleshoot with them since they can tell you what they do/don't see in your call attempts

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. tvdir

Indeed.

Last week I added a SIP trunk to our 3CX via a Cisco router acting as CUBE (SBC). The hardest part was on the Cisco side. On 3CX, I just had to add a SIP trunk, fill in the IP of the SBC and set authentication to IP based.

4. tgg_sparks

I've been looking through the logs to see where the SIP registration is going incorrectly, but I keep coming up short. Additionally, what doesn't help is that I am physically separated from the service (server and hardware are in Philippines, I'm in the USA). PLDT the SIP provider, will not give us access to the Cisco GUI to look at the configuration info, relying instead on sending us SIP DN Block, Signaling IP,Gateway IP,SBC IP and Netmask. Since it is an IP based authentication, I've tried putting in the Gateway IP and SBC IP under different SIP Generic Providers. Am I missing something obvious? Which logs should I be focusing on? Should I be creating this account as a generic analog gateway and not generic sip provider?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.