Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

3XC PBX, Linksys WRTP54G Router/SIP and POTS Phoneq

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Rel82me, Sep 19, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rel82me

Hi Everyone, I have quick question I'm hoping someone out there in the community might be able to help me out with. I previously had my 3CX PBX running well with Call Centric and the 3XC Softphone. No problems. I decided to add a POTS phone to the setup and purchased what appears to be in good working order a WRP54G Linksys Routher with SIP support. The POTS line is working well through the WRTP54G router and I can send and receive calls. However, I would really want to use the 3CX PBX here for managing the calls, then forwarding them to the correct extension / external phone.

Am I overlooking something in the WRT's/SIP config that would allow calls to go through the PBX first? Or should this be addressed in the PBX software itself?

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

You are trying to use a router, with a built in ATA that is meant to be registered to a SIP provider. If you have 3CX set-up on the private IP side of this router (WRTP54G) and want to have the ATA portion register with 3CX, then you will have some issues.

You can place the WRTP54G behind an existing router, along with the 3CX PC, so that both devices pick up a private IP from the existing router.

That should work. You may have to disable the DHCP settings and give the WRTP54G a fixed IP as well.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.