3xc server with multipal PSTN getway

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by wahy, Jun 3, 2007.

1. wahy

Hi , 1st of all i must say 3cx is awesome product work on windows till now we use only Linux base free SIP server. well here what i am looking to do with 3cx i want you ppl to give me some world of advice as it can be done by 3xc or not.

We have HO office and 3 international branch offices all connected to VPN , we want to keep 3cx server @ HO with PSTN analog gateway for outside PSTN dial on HO Country and all 3 branch office i ll keep one PSTN analog getaways for respective County PSTN dial. And I ll configure Routing Rule in 3CX for 0091 to send to HO analog getaway and 0092 to Branch X and 0093 to Branch Y . so from HO anyone can call any number at branch country local PSTN without any international call change plus inter office calling.

Can this be done by 3CX and which is best compatible Analog PSTN gateway with 1-2 line I should use ?
    Our Goal is to connect all branch office with Voice plus users from any branch office and HO office can call any local PSTN numbers on all branch offices countries and HO.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Hmm interesting.

HO
    - 3cx
    - PSTN gateway
    Dial Plan:

Branch 1
    - PSTN gateway
    Dial Plan:

Branch 2
    - PSTN gateway

Dial Plan

I think you can do it, I do not see a technical issue with this aslong as you can register the PSTN's. You use a VPN so that will help.

Now the praticality...... it is called latency.

When external call comes in from a gateway at the branch it has to go to HO for distribution, because it can take a few Milli Secs the caller will hear ring ring ring, but the branch is not aware of that call as yet.

Further you got a reduncancy issue. If 3cx is down you cannot use the lines :).

For extension to extension dialing that is no problem but to configure this to run a business on I would consider a 3cx box in each branch to handle the local traffic (keep in mind because it runs on windows you can use the same box to do printer sharing, file sharing etc and control that from HO).

So I would suggest:

HO and the branches to have their own 3cx boxes and use the VPN for company traffic only and to do extension dialing.

What you want to do, is possible (In theory :))but I would recommend against it, mainly because of the fact that you want to make and receive PSNT calls in your branches using 3cx.

What is your linux based configuration now?

PS.
    Common mistake is moving from a Linux IP-PBX system to a windows based IP PBX and make it exactly the same as the Linux system, you should not do that by default.
    Because you are going to use a windows platform you might want to rethink how things are structured now and use existing branch resources like file servers, print servers etc to run 3cx on.
    For example if the box is going to run full time, why not add a few USB cams to do security for your branch office and have that traffic send to HO and other branches etc etc.
    --- Just a thought ----

3. wahy

Tnx for reply.

well i can keep each branch office one 3CX server with its own PSTN Analong Gateway but my Goal is from any branch offices and HO users can call anyone this 3 country ( citys) call as Local call.

Can i achieve this with 3 diff 3CX boxs?

for latency issue i have all branch with 1 MB link and HO 2MB and i will create Seprate Voice VLan for this VOIP traffic.

Btw can you give me GOOD and Most Compatible Analong gateway with 2 line which i can use with 3cx.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

1MB and 2MB link should be ok, but that does not save guard latency. Bigger band width does not save guard for latency and jitter.

Anyway, having said that there is no harm in trying to start with one 3cx box.

Good gateways, well from my point of view that will be the Linksys. But patton seems to be a partner of 3cx now so you might investigate in that.

What country are you in?

5. wahy

well just to know how much traffice required for 3CX VOIP is it less then 64K ? i am from ASIA