4 Aastra phones died this morning...

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by tridec, Aug 29, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tridec

all boot up just fine, get an IP address, but cannot connect to the 3CX server. Anybody else had this happen? We have other phones that work (some Aastra, some SNOM). All the phones that have stopped working are Aastra's (3 53i's and 1 57i).

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

Unless the phones are setup to download a new configuration, and just did, (which is causing the issue). then you may need to look elsewhere on your network. Does the 3CX log show any indication of a registration attempt? Did anything else change on your network that coincides with this problem?

3. tridec

No changes. I have been running wireshark on the server and I'm seeing malformed packets coming from one of the phones (the one I'm testing with), so I'm assuming it must have something to do with that. I've tried several different firmware versions, reset to factory, etc... nothing works. Very strange issue.

4. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

One bad phone, maybe, but for all to fail it would have to be something that they all downloaded together.

5. tridec

Agreed except for the fact that I have 2 other Astra phone's on the network without any issues. That is why it is such a headscratcher.

6. tridec

Someone else to add to the mix... it downloads the company phonebook just fine.

7. tridec

Well... finally found the issue. For some reason the system lost the assigned profile for the extensions that were having problems. Essentially, 3CX was not passing out the aastra config file when they booted up. After finding this, I went and reset all of them to the generic aastra config and all the phones came back online correctly.

Any ideas why the system would drop a profile like that?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.