• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

4 Aastra phones died this morning...

Status
Not open for further replies.

tridec

Reaction score
all boot up just fine, get an IP address, but cannot connect to the 3CX server. Anybody else had this happen? We have other phones that work (some Aastra, some SNOM). All the phones that have stopped working are Aastra's (3 53i's and 1 57i).

Unless the phones are setup to download a new configuration, and just did, (which is causing the issue). then you may need to look elsewhere on your network. Does the 3CX log show any indication of a registration attempt? Did anything else change on your network that coincides with this problem?

leejor said:
Unless the phones are setup to download a new configuration, and just did, (which is causing the issue). then you may need to look elsewhere on your network. Does the 3CX log show any indication of a registration attempt? Did anything else change on your network that coincides with this problem?

No changes. I have been running wireshark on the server and I'm seeing malformed packets coming from one of the phones (the one I'm testing with), so I'm assuming it must have something to do with that. I've tried several different firmware versions, reset to factory, etc... nothing works. Very strange issue.

One bad phone, maybe, but for all to fail it would have to be something that they all downloaded together.

leejor said:
One bad phone, maybe, but for all to fail it would have to be something that they all downloaded together.

Agreed except for the fact that I have 2 other Astra phone's on the network without any issues. That is why it is such a headscratcher.

Someone else to add to the mix... it downloads the company phonebook just fine.

Well... finally found the issue. For some reason the system lost the assigned profile for the extensions that were having problems. Essentially, 3CX was not passing out the aastra config file when they booted up. After finding this, I went and reset all of them to the generic aastra config and all the phones came back online correctly.

Any ideas why the system would drop a profile like that?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmirLD
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.