Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

"*4" or any other "*" with Polycom Soundpoint 500

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by mcgaryt, Aug 27, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mcgaryt

I am trying to get a 3CX system running using a mix of telephones as a replacement for a T-1 PBX. I have acquired a load of Polycom 500 phones, and they seem to be working, except this one issue.

If I try to use a "*" function I get a busy signal if I go off hook first. For example if I dial "*47107" and then the "dial softkey I go straight to voicemail without a problem. On the other hand if I am on a call and try to transfer straight to voicemail (or simply go off hook) as soon as I dial the "*" portion of the command instant busy signal. Oddly one extension that has the 1.4.1.0040 SIP application does it fine, ones with 1.3.0.0711 and 1.6.7.0098 do not. Tried deleting extensions, and redoing, without success. Then tried swapping telephones (yes I reconfigured to different extension numbers) but had same result. This is important as I think the only way to transfer a call to voicemail (without ringing extension first) is to *4XXX the call.

Also, tried to upgrade firmware and had no success, so if anybody has a good guide on doing that I would appreicate that as well.

Any help would be appreciated.

UPDATE: Got a phone to load the 1.4.1.0040 application and it still would not allow an off hook "*"function. Also, confirmed that the same bootrom was on both the phone that functions as desired and the ones that would not.

2. mcgaryt

Had this problem as well. Found artilce that had close issues with another PBX. I deleted the contents of the "digitmap" found in the SIP tab on the polycom http interface and all works fine now. I note that various versions of the firmware change the names of the tabs on the set up interface so you might have ot hunt around a little to find the digitmap field.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.