Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

40 msec voip packets

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by kolpano, Sep 10, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kolpano

Hi to all,

i am new to 3CX. Reading through the release notes of the the 3CX , is mentioned that 40 msec voip packets are supported. From my client e.g. sipura 2000 i send in 40 msec voip packets. How is this configured in 3CX?

Thanks,

colpano

2. SY

SY Well-Known Member
    3CX Support

Hi colpano,

You don't need to configure anything but your device. :)
    If you will have any problems, just describe it. We will try to resolve it (at least we will try to comment :) )

Regards

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. kolpano

Hi,

thanks for the reply. I just do not know how to check if it really is 40 msec from the PBX side. With asterisk i can do a "RTP DEBUG" and see rtp messages going back and forth and their size also (i.e. 20 30 40 msec - i usually "play" with g729 codec. But with 3CX do i have a way to confirm that both sides are "speaking" to each other in 40 msec packets ( i suppose that when sipura sends 40 msec packet then through sdp the sipura and the 3cx decide on 40 msec packets but how do i :see t?

Thanks ,

Kolpano

4. SY

SY Well-Known Member
    3CX Support

Kolpano,

FYI, G729 is not supported by 3CX.

"00 ms" packet support means just that PBX will handle received "00 ms" packets and will send "00 ms" packets ( if it will be required by other party).

Regards

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. kolpano

Thanks Stepan ,

i know that 3cx does not support g729, but i suppose i can use 40 msec packets in g711 also.

>00 ms" packet support means just that PBX will handle received "00 ms" >packets and will send "00 ms" packets ( if it will be required by other >party).

What do you mean 00 msec packets?

Also is there a way i can see it "happening"?

Kolpano

6. SY

SY Well-Known Member
    3CX Support

"00" means "10", "20", "30", "40" and so on milliseconds

network protocol analyzer can answer your question.

Regards

7. kolpano

Thanks a lot Stepan for your help.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.