• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

40 msec voip packets

Status
Not open for further replies.

kolpano

Reaction score
Hi to all,

i am new to 3CX. Reading through the release notes of the the 3CX , is mentioned that 40 msec voip packets are supported. From my client e.g. sipura 2000 i send in 40 msec voip packets. How is this configured in 3CX?

Thanks,

colpano

kolpano said:
Hi to all,

i am new to 3CX. Reading through the release notes of the the 3CX , is mentioned that 40 msec voip packets are supported. From my client e.g. sipura 2000 i send in 40 msec voip packets. How is this configured in 3CX?

Thanks,

colpano

Hi colpano,

You don't need to configure anything but your device. :)
If you will have any problems, just describe it. We will try to resolve it (at least we will try to comment :) )

Regards

Hi,

thanks for the reply. I just do not know how to check if it really is 40 msec from the PBX side. With asterisk i can do a "RTP DEBUG" and see rtp messages going back and forth and their size also (i.e. 20 30 40 msec - i usually "play" with g729 codec. But with 3CX do i have a way to confirm that both sides are "speaking" to each other in 40 msec packets ( i suppose that when sipura sends 40 msec packet then through sdp the sipura and the 3cx decide on 40 msec packets but how do i :see t?

Thanks ,

Kolpano

kolpano said:
Hi,

thanks for the reply. I just do not know how to check if it really is 40 msec from the PBX side. With asterisk i can do a "RTP DEBUG" and see rtp messages going back and forth and their size also (i.e. 20 30 40 msec - i usually "play" with g729 codec. But with 3CX do i have a way to confirm that both sides are "speaking" to each other in 40 msec packets ( i suppose that when sipura sends 40 msec packet then through sdp the sipura and the 3cx decide on 40 msec packets but how do i :see t?

Thanks ,

Kolpano

Kolpano,

FYI, G729 is not supported by 3CX.

"00 ms" packet support means just that PBX will handle received "00 ms" packets and will send "00 ms" packets ( if it will be required by other party).

Regards

Thanks Stepan ,

i know that 3cx does not support g729, but i suppose i can use 40 msec packets in g711 also.

>00 ms" packet support means just that PBX will handle received "00 ms" >packets and will send "00 ms" packets ( if it will be required by other >party).

What do you mean 00 msec packets?

Also is there a way i can see it "happening"?

Kolpano

kolpano said:
Thanks Stepan ,

i know that 3cx does not support g729, but i suppose i can use 40 msec packets in g711 also.

>00 ms" packet support means just that PBX will handle received "00 ms" >packets and will send "00 ms" packets ( if it will be required by other >party).

What do you mean 00 msec packets?

Also is there a way i can see it "happening"?

Kolpano

"00" means "10", "20", "30", "40" and so on milliseconds

network protocol analyzer can answer your question.

Regards

Thanks a lot Stepan for your help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmirLD
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.