Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

(401) Unauthorized

Discussion in 'CRM / Helpdesk / App Integration' started by SWSDEV, Sep 17, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SWSDEV

SWSDEV Member

An error occurred trying to get the Debug Information files from the server:
    The remote server returned an error: (401) Unauthorized

Why am I suddenly getting this error when I try to access a debug file? What would cause this?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. VAD_Support

VAD_Support Active Member

Have you deployed the project in debug mode to the server?
    Can you open the .vadproj file using a text editor (like notepad) and check if the build number of the debug version (DebugBuildNumber) is the same than the one that has been deployed? For example, if you have in the .vadproj file <DebugBuildNumber>12</DebugBuildNumber> you should have in the server the following folder: C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\3CX\Data\Http\Interface\ivr\PROJECTNAME_12

3. SWSDEV

SWSDEV Member

build # is 18, but I don't have any folders in that directory that looks like a project, however I have successfully deployed from the VAD before.

Does the VAD have that path you gave me hard coded? BEcause on my system the equivalent directory where my 3cx data is has "All User.WINDOWS" instead of "All USers".

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. SWSDEV

SWSDEV Member

This is my proj file

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
    <Graphical_Application_Designer_Project>
    <Version>1.0</Version>
    <Files>
    <File path="Main.flow" type="callflow" pbx_callflow_name="Main" activation_extension="855" activation_extension_debug="856" />
    <File path="MenuOptions.comp" type="component" />
    </Files>
    <Variables>
    <ArrayOfVariable xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema" />
    </Variables>
    <PbxServer>192.168.1.101</PbxServer>
    <PbxConfigurationPort>5485</PbxConfigurationPort>
    <PbxDeploymentUri>http://192.168.1.101/IVR/VAD_Deploy.aspx</PbxDeploymentUri>
    <PbxDownloadDebugFilesUri>http://192.168.1.101/IVR/VAD_DownloadDebugInfoFile.aspx</PbxDownloadDebugFilesUri>
    <PbxGetDebugFileNamesUri>http://192.168.1.101/IVR/VAD_GetDebugInfoFileNames.aspx</PbxGetDebugFileNamesUri>
    <NextCallflowActivationExtension>854</NextCallflowActivationExtension>
    <DebugBuildSuccessful>True</DebugBuildSuccessful>
    <ReleaseBuildSuccessful>True</ReleaseBuildSuccessful>
    <DebugBuildNumber>19</DebugBuildNumber>
    <ReleaseBuildNumber>18</ReleaseBuildNumber>
    <ChangedSinceLastDebugBuild>False</ChangedSinceLastDebugBuild>
    <LastDeployedConfiguration>Debug Build</LastDeployedConfiguration>
    </Graphical_Application_Designer_Project>

What else would help you ?

5. VAD_Support

No, the directory is not hardcoded, it is the one pointed by the environment variable %ALLUSERSPROFILE%, usually C:\Documents and Settings\All Users but it could be different.

You shoud have under %ALLUSERSPROFILE%\Application Data\3CX\Data\Http\Interface\ivr\ a directory named "YOURPROJECTNAME_19", because 19 is the latest debug build. Do you have this directory?

6. SWSDEV

SWSDEV Member

Interesting... I don't have anything with projectname_[build] at all, however I do have two debug projects deployed to my 3cx. I did a global file search for the name of my project on my c drive and nothing came up. weird.

7. VAD_Support

Are you able to make a call to the deployed VAD callflow?

8. SWSDEV

SWSDEV Member

I am not developing on the server itself. I am developing in the VAD on a vista ultimate 64 bit machine and deploying to a windows server 2003 R2 machine on the network. If that helps.

9. VAD_Support

If you're using Windows 2003 in the server, you need to change the properties "PbxDeploymentUri", "PbxDownloadDebugFilesUri" and "PbxGetDebugFileNamesUri" before deploy, changing "/IVR" with ":5484", for example:
    PbxDeploymentUri: http://192.168.1.101:5484/VAD_Deploy.aspx

Please, change these properties and deploy the project again. Let me know if this works.

10. SWSDEV

SWSDEV Member

That helped. I realized that changing the settings in tools->Options doesn't change the settings in the appication itself.

Perhaps a checkbox or question such as "Do you want to apply the new settings to your current project?" when you save it.

However I'm unable to see any debug files when I'm not actually any of the debug files when I'm not actually developing on the 3cx server

11. VAD_Support

Let's recap. Could you finally deploy the project to 3CX? Did you deploy the debug configuration? Did you make calls to the callflow? Do you have this problem only when working remotely or locally too?

12. SWSDEV

SWSDEV Member

- Yes I could finally deploy
    - I deployed the DEBUG configuration
    - I made calls, but I got the audio error message immediately
    - I have the problem of not being able to get debugging files only remotely right now.

13. VAD_Support

When you hear an error message from the IVR, the log file 3CXIvrServer.log located at %ALLUSERSPROFILE%\Application Data\3CX\Data\Logs contains information about the error. Can you paste here the information in that file?

14. SWSDEV

SWSDEV Member

I have resolved this specific error completely now. It just went away, and I'm not sure what I did. :)

15. SWSDEV

SWSDEV Member

It seems that this error has resurfaced after install 3cx v8 and the new VAD.

When I deploy from a vista machine to a win 2003 server the VAD thinks it has succesfully deployed. 3CX shows a new extension under IVRs as well. However in the \ivr folder where the IVRs are deployed there is actually nothing that was really copied over to the server.

16. VAD_Support

What version of 3CX and VAD are you using?
    Did you enable remote access to the configuration in 3CX, as described in the users manual?

17. SWSDEV

SWSDEV Member

Yes, I enabled remote access as described.

The current version of 3cx is 8.0.9941.549

The current version of the VAD is 2.0.3549.0

I have set EVERYONE permissions on the /ivr website on IIS. Even though deployment is successful I still get 401 unauthorized when selecting PLAY to debug.

I find no security errors though in the windows log. My Application pool is running under localsystem.

18. VAD_Support

Can you try launching the following URL manually with IE and post here what you get?
    http://3CXServer:5484/VAD_GetDebugInfoFileNames.aspx?projectname=YOURPROJECTNAME_Debug_BUILDNUMBER

You mentioned that no files have been copied to the server. Can you manually create the folder YOURPROJECTNAME_Debug_BUILDNUMBER under "%ALLUSERSPROFILE%\Application Data\3CX\Data\Http\Interface\ivr"? And manually copy every file from your VAD machine from ProjectFolder\Output\Debug to the 3CX server in that new folder? Then try launching again the above URL.

Let me know about the progress...

Thanks.

19. SWSDEV

SWSDEV Member

The url doesn't work because the files don't exist.

I'll try the manual copy and get back to you on that.

Thanks

20. SWSDEV

SWSDEV Member

Here's the diagnosis and solution.

Pretty simple after all.

First when I copied the files over the ivr still didn't work.

Next I tried going in to IIS and I removed Integrated Authentication and put Anonymous on. This helped with one part... When I did the actua deploy then I actually saw the files copy over.

So using anonymous authentication worked. However I had previously set up Full access to the Everyone group, so I don't know why that was an issue. Somehow the integrated authentication was passing credentials through that didn't even fit in to the everyone group. I'm sure it was from the remote machine deploying the project.

So now it works, but do you guys have a specific security setting in IIS that you intended?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.