Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

404 Not Found

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Wendelspanswick, Oct 25, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wendelspanswick

Wendelspanswick New Member

We've been getting a number of 404 Not Found errors on our SIP trunks, they tend to come in clusters at certain times.
    Here is one example:

Call or Registration to 07xxxxxxxxx@(Ln.10000@TalkTalk SIP) has failed. [ V4 xx.xx.xx.xx:5060 UDP target domain=unspecified mFlowKey=904 ] replied: 404 Not Found; from IP:xx.xx.xx.xx:5060

(I've blanked out some bits for security with x's)

Trying to decipher the Activity log, is the 404 error because...
    1. The 3CX could not access the TalkTalk SIP or
    2. TalkTalk could not access the 07 number.

I have the detailed Activity log for the above event but would rather not post it on an open forum and its a lot of x's to insert!

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

I would think that it is something closer to the second scenario, given that the X'd out IP is probably that of your provider, and the 404 came from them. If this is indeed the case, then I would try to determine a pattern, all mobile numbers, a valid number ?, then ask Talktalk what would cause this, or, if they will, review one failed call. It may be the state of the called party, or the mobile was diverted to a non existent number, or even voicemail.

3. Wendelspanswick

Wendelspanswick New Member

Thank you for that, the second option was the one that I had suspected.
    It affected calls to mobiles over the SIP trunks yesterday morning, I will raise a ticket with TalkTalk.

4. ian.watts

ian.watts Active Member

You will also get a 486 Busy Here from your SIP provider when the called party is 'busy'.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.