• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

407 Proxy authentication

Status
Not open for further replies.

petewatterschats

Reaction score
I have a FlowRoute SIP Trunk setup which is a Phone Number and it shows it self as registered

I have no outgoing calls working yet but am Concentration on getting incoming calls to work

The number in question is 17023574256

FlowRoute said they checked the number and fond the following:

They placed a call to 17023574256 while looking at the SIP signaling and found that FlowRoute was sending a SIP Invite to your device at 76.170.137.3 and then your 3CX system is responding with a 407 Proxy authentication required.

There diagnosis was that the 3CX system shouldn’t be sending back a 407 to authenticate.

They advised that the issue could be caused by not having correctly provisioned the inbound route for the phone number.

They advised to look through this guide to see if adding the 11 digit DID to these areas gets inbound calls to your number working.

https://support.flowroute.com/customer/ ... one-system—-add-dids

I did and still have the same problem, however, the message changed

It now is
"One Moment please were Calling Party"
"Still Trying to connect your call"
"Can Not be connected try again latter"

I have attached a screen shot of my Inbound Rule

Attachments

• In Bound Rule.JPG
    In Bound Rule.JPG
    87.9 KB · Views: 1,172
Are you running V14? If so, then Flowroute shows to be an approved carrier and has a template available that should provide for a near flawless setup in the SIP provider setup tabs. I do not recall if this was the case in earlier versions.

Post the log as this may show what the issue is.

I did not have a inbound route setup and this caused the problem. FlowRoute sent me a document that showed me what must be done and now its working

Thanks

my sip provider is FlowRoute and it turned out I did not have inbound and outbound rules setup and that was the cause of the error

The web page they sent me to to fix the issue was

https://support.flowroute.com/customer/ ... one-system

and it fixed the problem

Home this helps

They had the problem and Identified what caused it for them, just a hint

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WarwickHope
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.