• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

4118 Patton with 3cx

Status
Not open for further replies.

mixig

Free User
Advanced Certified
Reaction score
Hi,

i configured SN4118, working well, I just need to setup two tings.... first when i press flash button on analog phone which is connected to fxs port on patton user on the other side of the call is on hold, the problem is that he doesnt hear music on hold, only silence (but on phone screen is HOLD), so it is working but there is no music on hold

Second thing, I need for my setups to put extension number in display name (each ip phone has that option -> display name), when i looked into wireshark, a call made from patton has display name in "from" fied empty, is there any option to put some display name for each fxs port?

Thanks

The display I see on an incoming call within my system comes from 3cx First Name/Last Number under the extension.
Maybe that does not pertain to Analog extensions ?

Hi,

I also see display name from 3cx, the problem is when i am sending that call to gsm gateway i have configured in outbound rules to send display name from the phone interface, but call from patton has display name empty, i must send to gsm gateway the extension number and only way to that is put extension number on the phone display name, i cannot take outbound caller id from extension because in that field i have number from my provider.

Maybe you know how some other way how can i send extension number to my gsm gateway (without putting extension number to display name)?

Also if anyone has SN411x and working music on hold please provide the config from SmartNode.

Thanks

With our PRI we can not send any info in the header thru the Patton smartnode - from what I am told. The Caller ID info is in the phone companies system and that is what they send.
Sorry I couldnt help more.

I solved the issue related to MOH, in R6.x there is a command:
hold-method direction-attribute sendonly

Explanation is here:

This issue is observed when a SIP subscriber put on hold by a SmartNode is unable to hear
music played by the holder side. This is due to the fact that the SmartNode‘s default direction-
attribute was inactive and could not be changed. As a result the Smartnode would never send
any RTP stream in such a scenario. This issue is now fixed.
In addition, the direction-attribute hold-method is enhanced. Earlier in SmartWare, the direction-
attribute hold-method was set permanently to inactive (not configurable). Now, the direction-
attribute hold-method can be configured to one of the following possible values: sendonly
(default), inactive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hammad.k
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.