• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

4393 Build

Status
Not open for further replies.

SWB

Reaction score
Is the 4393 version available to download anywhere? I have 4393 server running and have a couple new people who need the client, but because of the new client version no extension status are shown. This is really becoming a pain having to always upgrade the server to match the client and vice versa, and even the server upgrade can be demanding with having to unistall and reinstall. I can't easily upgrade the server side and need the client running on the two new people's workstations immediately.

Seems like there are always new builds coming out. I know I should have kept the 4393 files and won't make that mistake again (grant it I'll probably have a dozen or so different versions in two months), but it sucks two different versions can't work with each other :x :| . I understand and am thankful for improvements, just kind of wish it was an easier process.

Thanks!

I still have the Client build 4393 installation. If you can't find a download link, you can PM me your e-mail adress and I will send it to you.

demonofsteel said:
I still have the Client build 4393 installation. If you can't find a download link, you can PM me your e-mail adress and I will send it to you.
Hey thanks =D, but I found the install file on one of my servers - a coworker of mine was actually smart enough to save the file :p

I wouldn't be able to update the server side anyway b/c there isn't a 4492 server build? So I'm curious as to why anyone would want to upgrade the client side, unless of course extension status was not needed.

No problem... Well, I know there's no 3CX Server build 4492 right now, the latest Server built is still 4393. I think registered users could still see the extensions status, but I can't be sure, I always installed the same client build as the Server build I have.

Are you a licenced user or a free user? Because according to the documentation, a free user isn't supposed to see the extension status if I remember well.

Anyway, what you reported could be a problem that 3CX forum admins should know about. I wonder if an older client build than the server build would do the same...

I'm a licensed user, and first ran into the extension status problem when we upgraded the server to 4393. Extension status was working fine before the upgrade, and reading posts in this forum I found both client and server builds must be the same in order to see extensions. So updated the clients to 4393 and voilla, working again. So in my case an older client build did not work with a new server build.

I've also read how free version doesn't support extension status. Luckily for me as of right now this isn't a huge problem, but I can see how it can be in the future. I'm sure there are others affected by this now which is impacting their operations. Hopefully this can be addressed soon, or at least a server upgrade to match the client version. Then I'll stop upgrading for a bit haha.

Well, as from today, there's a new Serve build 4510 and it works with Client built 4493 (even the extensions status), so you can upgrade now if you wish.

Yep I saw that. Have a couple workstations on the newest version and the rest still on 4393. Everything seems to be good so far :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boykins_54
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.