486 Busy Here; from IP:x.x.x.x:5060

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by fonewiz, Jul 28, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fonewiz

We have a 3CX Cloud install with only one active tenant so far up and running.

This customer's install sends me emails a few times a day that look like the one I pasted below. This seemed to me like 3CX was alerting me that the trunk was reporting busy so I contacted our SIP trunk provider.

The provider came back and said on all the outbound calls in question (the ones that generated those emails to me) just had busy lines and their trunk is reporting that back to 3CX.

So, two questions:

1- Does that sound right to you? Seems like it's more of a trunk busy error, not a far end busy error but??
    2- Why would anyone want 3CX to send them an alert email every time someone dials an outbound number with a busy line on the far end? Why is this a "Feature"?

I have all the alerts turned on in the email notifications section except "Registration Status". The only option that's checked that could possibly relate is the option labeled "Trunk provider responds to request with an error code". If I turn this off then I don't think I would be notified if a real error occurred on the trunk.

Any thoughts would be appreciated, thanks in advance.

Email sample mentioned above, got three of these in a row today. I changed the numbers, IP addresses etc to protect the innocent :) IP:x.x.x.x:5060 = my sip trunk IP with Level3. 1NPANXXXXXX = the phone number the 3CX user dialed.

################################
    -----Original Message-----
    Sent: Monday, July 27, 2015 3:49 PM
    To: My Name <My.Name@mydomain.com>
    Subject: 3CX Phone System TenantName Email Notification - ID 12294 - Error response received from Trunk/Provider

(0) pbxname 7/27/2015 3:49:23 PM

Event source: 3CXPhoneSystem pbxname

Call or Registration to 1NPANXXXXXX@(Ln.10001@Level3 Trunk) has failed. [ V4 x.x.x.x:5060 UDP target domain=unspecified mFlowKey=1064 ] replied: 486 Busy Here; from IP:x.x.x.x:5060
    ###############################

2. dig1234

I was getting same alerts, seems odd for default setting but all you have to do is remove that error type from alerting. See this thread:
    http://www.3cx.com/forums/yealink-486-busy-here-messages-21150.html

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

I have also had reports when the called party was busy.

4. practiceforces

Did anybody find the answer for this? I have versions 12 and same issue just popped up with Patton switch and VOIP lines. outgoing calls some time says busy here and some time it goes fine. so cant understand whats the problem could be?

5. ian.watts

ian.watts Active Member

The response is from the trunk provider, not 3CX. I ended up canning them by rule.. like the wrong dials generating 404s.

Flowroute hasn't done me wrong in that regard.. most always the other end was legit busy.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.