4G Router with Fixed Handset

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by joshhough, Jan 10, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. joshhough

Hi,

Bit of an odd request. Looking at putting a 4G router on some boats which pass up and down a river with strong signal. The Boats would have a 4G Router for their tills to communicate and they have 3CX in their office. What i'd like to do is put a fixed handset (Snom 710 or similar) - has anybody tried this, well, i mean over 4G and has anybody had any luck?

Thanks,

Josh

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. sigma1

sigma1 Active Member

Assuming that you are speaking of using a 4G WiFi hotspot and you are speaking of using the phones with a WiFi dongle, the answer is yes. We have done this many times and recently in an office with 5 phones using the OpenVPN built in the grand stream phones.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. joshhough

Hi,

What in fact i was thinking of doing is using a Draytek Router with a USB 4G Dongle, then the phones connected via Ethernet to the router. I presume the same will apply and it will work.

Cheers,

Josh

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.