• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

50% CPU Usage for 1 skype connection

Status
Not open for further replies.

PNC

Bronze Partner
Basic Certified
Reaction score
hi there,

anyone else a high cpu usae as soon as a skypecal comes in??

Mark

anyone else a high cpu usae as soon as a skypecal comes in?
Hi, Mark

Mark, according to TaskManager/Processes, which application has this CPU usage? Don't forget to check the option "Show processes from all users".

Regards
vali

yes, you are right!
It's only 30%..
with a sip call it's around 2 or 4% overall cpu usage
with a skype call it's around 50% overall cpu usage (skype =30%)
so there is a big differance, maybe there something to do with some tweaking??

Mark

for the moment I use EEE901 Aom N270 1.6Ghz with 2GB ram for (probably) the maximum of 5 simultanoius calls we get.
I am running Windows 2003 Server with all the latest updates
Webserver is IIS...
Latest version of 3cx and skype with extra's

Mark

Hi, Mark

Thanks for informations.

Regarding memory, I wrote already, consider ~40MB per gateway port, so you can estimate a reasonable number of gateway ports according to the other software running on the same machine.
http://www.3cx.com/forums/technical-notes-10528.html#p53974

About CPU usage, it's quite normal for Skype to require more, since it has user-interface (gateway itself doesn't) and a rich one, that's why gateway attempts to use multiprocessor environment, if available, to favorize the audio processing. We will check and obviously we will try to improve.

Thanks for your feedback

Regards
vali

Hello,

I am experiencing the same thing. Whenever a Skype call comes in, the CPU utilization jumps to nearly 100%. To the point where the call deteriorates to an untolerable level. SIP calls barely move the utilization bar up. Has there been any upgrade in the software that will help mitigate this?

Thanks
Lionel

for the moment I use EEE901 Aom N270 1.6Ghz with 2GB ram for (probably) the maximum of 5 simultanoius calls we get.
I am running Windows 2003 Server with all the latest updates
Webserver is IIS...
Latest version of 3cx and skype with extra's

Mark

Hi Mark,

An Atom CPU is really not designed to run powerful number crunching. The Skype Voice Codec is very complex and will kill a Intel ATOM CPU very quickly if your try to make more that 1 simultaneous calls via Skype.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
YBow
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.