500 Server Internal Error - when no outgoing trunks

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by stobby256, Jan 10, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. stobby256

Hi all...

Here's the config...
    Patton gateway.. two PSTN lines, two different numbers.
    3CX with around 10 extensions.

We have experienced a PSTN line outage with all this bad weather etc, so as this line is unavailable, and the other line is in use, our phone users get "500 Server Internal Error".. and not some message saying that there are no outgoing lines.

Also when we had both lines working, and both of them were engaged, the same error message.

Could I change this somehow?

Thanks in advance,

Steve

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

Do you have each trunk group (in 3CX trunk group settings) set to only allow one call?

What does the 3CX log show if both lines are in use and a third call is placed/ Is there an error? Is an additional call attempt made to the gateway? If it is it should not happen.

3CX should see that all routes are busy and indicate that.

3. lneblett

lneblett Well-Known Member

leejor -

I do not think he is questioning the fact that there are no available routes, but rather how this is being conveyed to the caller.

Rather than getting a pre-recorded message that is more informative or at least a busy tone of some sort, the error message is showing up in the display of the phone thereby leaving the interpretation open as to the cause.

4. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

I think I have an understanding about the error message that they receive, I just thought that, depending on settings in the gateway, and/or the number of calls allowed, per trunk group, 3CX may be attempting to send "additional" calls to the gateway. If the gateway cannot process the request, there may be an error message with the results that they are experiencing.

Normally 3CX is aware of the state of trunks (busy or idle) before an outside call attempt is made. If it thinks that an additional trunk is available, and sends the call to the gateway, then....

The logs would show if that attempt was being made, with a failure log.

5. stobby256

"Do you have each trunk group (in 3CX trunk group settings) set to only allow one call?"
    Yes I do :)

"I do not think he is questioning the fact that there are no available routes, but rather how this is being conveyed to the caller.

Rather than getting a pre-recorded message that is more informative or at least a busy tone of some sort, the error message is showing up in the display of the phone thereby leaving the interpretation open as to the cause
    ."

Spot on.

As far as I remember, placeing a third call resulted in the error.

What should I be looking for in the error logs... and I'll post them here.

Very many thanks!!!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.